+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am scoring enough points for express entry... Right now i am on study permit.

Nilesh91

Sep 1, 2016
My question is,

Can i drop my current course?? I have not included canadian education points and still i am pretty optimistic that my crs score will be above threshold level if i manage to get 8777 in ielts.

If i drop my study, will it affect the chances of getting pr??
Please reply..

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dropping your course has no relevancy to your PR application. However, do be careful of having a valid status in Canada.

Reactions: Nilesh91

Nilesh91

Sep 1, 2016
Dropping your course has no relevancy to your PR application. However, do be careful of having a valid status in Canada.
Thank you so much for the reply... but i am not even willing to be in canada during the pr process. Once I withdraw from the course i will leave the country and will comeback once i get permanent residence.

aminahc1

Star Member
Apr 6, 2017
Why not apply for EE while you're on your study permit if you qualify? One has nothing to do with the other. I came on a study permit in 2016, applied for PR in 2017 and got it. When my PR went through, they canceled my study permit because I didn't need it anymore.

Nilesh91

Sep 1, 2016
Why not apply for EE while you're on your study permit if you qualify? One has nothing to do with the other. I came on a study permit in 2016, applied for PR in 2017 and got it. When my PR went through, they canceled my study permit because I didn't need it anymore.
The thing is... the couree that i am taking rightnow is so expensive and won’t help me in anyway to my future career. So i just don’t want to waste my money. And once i get my pr I won’t have to pay international fees.

Did you pay domestic or international fees after getting pr??

aminahc1

Star Member
Apr 6, 2017
The thing is... the couree that i am taking rightnow is so expensive and won’t help me in anyway to my future career. So i just don’t want to waste my money. And once i get my pr I won’t have to pay international fees.

Did you pay domestic or international fees after getting pr??
I paid domestic as soon as my PR status was confirmed. They even backdated it to the beginning of the term.

Reactions: Nilesh91