+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am really confuse. Please solve my problem.

S

shan4u

Hi

I am shan from Islamabad. I got my admission letter from a Canadian University. Now i want to apply for Study Permit. The confusion is:

1. University did not ask my IELTS score (I showed my university English Proficiency Certificate)
2. They did not ask me to submit my tuition fee before arrive at University.(I just payed my admission aapplication fee and got admission letter)

Question: Do I need to appear in IELTS and pay my at least two semesters tuition fee before apply for the Student Visa at Embassy in Islamabad? (As it is not requirement of the University)

samahmedpk2000

Star Member
Oct 31, 2009
If your school didnt ask u for fee still u can deposite it...u shud ask to your university and say them its visa requirement.
For IELTs it is sufficient to show this certificate.

Essat

Star Member
Sep 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles, USA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-March-2010
AOR Received.
13-May-2010
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
To LA on 10-Nov-2010
Med's Request
08-12-2010
Med's Done....
14-01-2011, sent 26-01-2011
Passport Req..
13-April-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-May-2011
LANDED..........
05-Jun-2011
Hi,

Tuition payment is only one of the ways that you can show proof of financial support. There are other ways of showing financial proof as listed on the CIC website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-how-documents.asp#doc3. Therefore, you do not necessarily have to show that you have paid tuition. For example, the proof can be in form of a scholarship or financial support from a person or institution.

Regarding IELTS, as far as I know, it's not a specific requirement necessary to apply for a study permit. As long as you have a proof of acceptance, CIC assumes that you have met all the educational institution's requirements including TOEFL and so will not require you to sit for IELTS. Note that there is a new standard letter of acceptance required by CIC (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/pub/acclet-e.pdf). Also the original offer letter is needed. However, if the university has put a condition on your offer requiring you to submit TOEFL before being granted full acceptance, CIC may/will require you to first satisy that condition.

Also visit the Islamabad study permit application website for more:
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/pakistan/study-etudie/study_permit-permis_etudes.aspx?lang=eng

Essat

vibez_well

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ, HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011
yeah, which is this university which doesnt need fee payment in advance ?

take care & hope you have done your research abt the place... but then, havent come across any fraudulent colleges in Canada... yet !

All the best to you dude !

S

shan4u

Sorry for delay...

Memorial University, Newfoundland and Labrador (Graduate level Admission)

heartbeat

Jan 31, 2010
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2013-06-01
IELTS Request
shan4u said:
Hi

I am shan from Islamabad. I got my admission letter from a Canadian University. Now i want to apply for Study Permit. The confusion is:

1. University did not ask my IELTS score (I showed my university English Proficiency Certificate)
2. They did not ask me to submit my tuition fee before arrive at University.(I just payed my admission aapplication fee and got admission letter)

Question: Do I need to appear in IELTS and pay my at least two semesters tuition fee before apply for the Student Visa at Embassy in Islamabad? (As it is not requirement of the University)
make sure the letter you received is official letter of acceptance because i got a conditional letter of acceptance before paying my one semester fee............