+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am PR, spouse has applied for her individual EE application 7 months ago, still in process, can she enter Canada on her valid Visitor visa with me?

RegularGuy

Dec 21, 2015
Hello,
I am a PR currently visiting outside Canada, my spouse applied for her individual EE application under FSW last year and is still in process. We have submitted new medical last month when IRCC asked for them. It may still take 1 to may be 4 or 5 more months for IRCC to finalized her application as everything is slow due to Covid 19. Her processing office is Montreal.
I want to ask if my spouse can enter Canada with me on her valid Canadian visitor visa? Can she wait in Canada for her PR application to be finalized. She is currently in US, I know non essential travel is closed right now, but it may open in next few weeks. Me and her have enough POF to survive about a year in Canada without even a job. Will it be a problem entering Canada for her?
Will they turn her back to US? Her status in US is about to expire.
Thank you.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hello,
I am a PR currently visiting outside Canada, my spouse applied for her individual EE application under FSW last year and is still in process. We have submitted new medical last month when IRCC asked for them. It may still take 1 to may be 4 or 5 more months for IRCC to finalized her application as everything is slow due to Covid 19. Her processing office is Montreal.
I want to ask if my spouse can enter Canada with me on her valid Canadian visitor visa? Can she wait in Canada for her PR application to be finalized. She is currently in US, I know non essential travel is closed right now, but it may open in next few weeks. Me and her have enough POF to survive about a year in Canada without even a job. Will it be a problem entering Canada for her?
Thank you.
If you are accompanying your wife she can travel right now. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/permanent-residents.html#family

You need to plan to quarantine for full 14 days.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hello,
Thank you.
It's hard to say for sure but it seems like it. She's allowed if it is for essential reasons as stated below:

"Your immediate family members must show that they’re coming to Canada for essential reasons and not reasons that are optional or discretionary, such as tourism, recreation or entertainment."

It they consider keeping you company as "essential", then you should be fine. However, I think that this reason can arguably be considered as optional.

I would suggest contacting IRCC and asking this question to them just to be safe.