+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am PR and want to bring spouse to Canada. Please guide.

the_batman

Oct 7, 2013
Hi,

I am a PR holder and posting this conversation to understand how to bring my would be spouse to Canada.
Since my would be spouse will be from India, I want to know all the visa process to bring her to Canada.

Should i be applying for her PR immediately after marriage from India?
or
Should I apply for her Visitor visa before marriage and then get married in India and come together to Canada and apply PR from Canada?

Please advise.
Any help is much appreciate.

Please guide to right group incase this is not the right group.

Thank You!

karmic

Aug 2, 2016
Hello
Go the straight path please.
Apply for PR first and then for the visitor visa. Never misrepresent your case for faster processing.
Do add all the required proof as you deem necessary from the case's point of view.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Ottawa-applicant

Apr 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Applying for outland spousal sponsorship might take up to 2-3 years deadens on the visa office and other factors. You could apply for TRV and when she’s here apply for inland sponsorship, if the TRV is not granted then you’re only option is outland.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

You can do either of the following:
1. Apply for a TRV before you get married.... and submit an inland PR app. This scenario is okay if she won't leave the country while the PR app is being processed.

2. Get married. Apply for PR. Wait until you get sponsor approval and then apply for a TRV.

There were some recent cases where spouse PR apps (NDVO) were processed really quickly (4-5 months)

For either scenarios, your fiancee/wife must be able to demonstrate her strong ties

Cheers

the_batman

Oct 7, 2013
Hi Bryanna,

Thanks for the response!

After considering both the options I checked processing time for inland PR app and its 26 months i.e. more than 2 years. I don’t think this option is feasible for me. Hence I am considering 2nd option. Spousal Sponsorship Outside Canada processing time is 19 months.

I was browsing thru the website and found a group for Spousal Sponsorship Outside Canada. It describes the process as below
1. CIC Processing Time:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/cic-processing-time-changed-t346380.0.html
2. SPONSOR expectation during the first step:
a. AOR1 or Application package will send back for lack of important document
b. CIC-M might request for missing documents or updated documents - based on your spousal application package was sent
c. Medical, CIC payment, required application forms and Police report check
d. SA = Sponsor Approval email or letter
3. SPONSORED APPLICANT expectation during the second step:
e. AOR2 - from Visa Office
f. missing or updated document request - based on case to case
g. eligibility and criminality check
h. Interview if eligibility is in doubt - based on case to case
i. passport request for visa
Q: Is this process still applicable or changed?

There were some recent cases where spouse PR apps (NDVO) were processed really quickly (4-5 months)
Referring to you response, some Spousal PR application will processed in 4-5 months
Q: was it the Sponsor Approval or complete Spouse PR application?

Your recommendation is applying for TRV after Sponsor Approval.
I have thoughts and seek your opinion to see if it feasible idea.
I hope there are no issues if my fiancée applies for visitor visa before marriage (provided she can establish the ties to return back). Get married and then apply for Spousal PR outside Canada.
At this point can she travel to Canada on her TRV or has to wait for Sponsor approval to travel to Canada?
(Note: if she has to wait for Sponsor Approval then applying TRV earlier would reduce the delay to arrive in Canada)

Please let me know you thoughts. Your response is highly appreciated.
Have a Great Day!

Thank You,
Batman! :)

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

You can join the NDVO thread for spousal sponsorship applications. You can get an idea of timelines there.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/new-delhi-ndvo-2016-spousal-sponsorship-outside-canada-t390498.0.html

Referring to you response, some Spousal PR application will processed in 4-5 months
Q: was it the Sponsor Approval or complete Spouse PR application?
It was for the complete process.

A correction: I'm referring to the spouse PR application filed by 'Vikram18'..... it took 2.5 months and not 4-5 months (medicals were done upfront).

Can you share what strong ties your fiancee can provide? Also, does she have any previous travel history?

Cheers

karmic

Aug 2, 2016
Hi the_batman
Here is a latest case came to my attention...
- PR holder married in India in the first week of April 2016
- Applied for Spousal sponsorship in the last week of June 2016
- Applied for Spouse's visitor visa online in the same week
- Got her spouse's visitor visa approval in the last week of July 2016

Hope it helps:)

the_batman

Oct 7, 2013
Bryanna said:
Hi,

You can join the NDVO thread for spousal sponsorship applications. You can get an idea of timelines there.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/new-delhi-ndvo-2016-spousal-sponsorship-outside-canada-t390498.0.html
It was for the complete process.

A correction: I'm referring to the spouse PR application filed by 'Vikram18'..... it took 2.5 months and not 4-5 months (medicals were done upfront).

Can you share what strong ties your fiancee can provide? Also, does she have any previous travel history?

Cheers

A Private sector job with 5+ years of work experience. She has all ITR filed in previous years and bank balance of 4+ lakhs. She has parents and siblings which would be her dependency to go back. She has no travel history.

the_batman

Oct 7, 2013
karmic said:
Hi the_batman
Here is a latest case came to my attention...
- PR holder married in India in the first week of April 2016
- Applied for Spousal sponsorship in the last week of June 2016
- Applied for Spouse's visitor visa online in the same week
- Got her spouse's visitor visa approval in the last week of July 2016

Hope it helps:)
Thank you for sharing this information.

In case you know I would like to ask,
Q: did the spouse travel immediately after receiving Visitor visa in July 2016 or had to wait till Sponsor approval for PR?
Q: any specific reason why waited till June for applying Spousal Sponsored PR (is it they were preparing the application?)

karmic

Aug 2, 2016
Q: did the spouse travel immediately after receiving Visitor visa in July 2016 or had to wait till Sponsor approval for PR?
A: Well, once you get your visitor visa there is no such thing that you have to wait till you get sponsorship approval. She might have been in Canada by now as her passport is stamped with the visa.

Q: any specific reason why waited till June for applying Spousal Sponsored PR (is it they were preparing the application?)
A: There plan was to apply for the PR first and preparing that package takes time. Also, as the boy prepared everything on its own, and was managing his job at the same time too, so that's why took time. You want your application to be the best and it takes time.

the_batman

Oct 7, 2013
karmic said:
A: Well, once you get your visitor visa there is no such thing that you have to wait till you get sponsorship approval. She might have been in Canada by now as her passport is stamped with the visa.

A: There plan was to apply for the PR first and preparing that package takes time. Also, as the boy prepared everything on its own, and was managing his job at the same time too, so that's why took time. You want your application to be the best and it takes time.
Thanks karmic for the response!

the_batman

Oct 7, 2013
the_batman said:
A Private sector job with 5+ years of work experience. She has all ITR filed in previous years and bank balance of 4+ lakhs. She has parents and siblings which would be her dependency to go back. She has no travel history.
Hi Bryanna,

Your comments on above please.

Thank You,
Batman

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

1. Will she be able to prove that her parents and siblings are dependent on her? Are her parents employed/retired/no pension? And siblings?

2. Does she have any financial investments: FDs, RDs, shares, EPF, PPF, etc.... in addition to the bank balance?

3. Can she include property or land ownership/ down payment for an apartment/ lease agreement?

4. Can she include some compelling must-return by date reason?

5. What is the purpose of her visit? For how long? Who will give her an invitation letter?

6. Do you plan to apply for her TRV before you get married or after you file for her PR?

Cheers

the_batman

Oct 7, 2013
Hi Bryanna,

Thanks for giving a heads up on what else i need to consider for TRV.
Please see my response and let me know your thoughts.

1. Will she be able to prove that her parents and siblings are dependent on her? Are her parents employed/retired/no pension? And siblings?
Her parents are still working and siblings are doing job.

2. Does she have any financial investments: FDs, RDs, shares, EPF, PPF, etc.... in addition to the bank balance?
She would have some FD's but right now i do not know the amount.

3. Can she include property or land ownership/ down payment for an apartment/ lease agreement?
She lives with her parents so she does not have any lease agreement or land ownership.

4. Can she include some compelling must-return by date reason?
To join her job after 3 weeks of vacation. Can add her leave sanction email in her application?

5. What is the purpose of her visit? For how long? Who will give her an invitation letter?
Tourism for 3 weeks and i will send her invitation letter as a friend.

6. Do you plan to apply for her TRV before you get married or after you file for her PR?
I am planning to apply TRV before marriage as this would enable us to travel back to Canada after marriage and applying for Outland Spousal sponsorship. Not planning to wait in India for Sponsor Approval.

Thank You,
Batman.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

Based on your post, I honestly feel your fiancee has low chances of getting a TRV both before/after marriage (unless her circumstances change).

Here's my reasons:
1. She does not have any solid, tangible assets or compelling circumstances to make her return after her visit.

2. No previous travel history to confirm she had returned to India after previous visits abroad.

3. Her family (parents and siblings) are not dependent on her in any way.

4. No property/land ownership. No lease agreement.

5. An invitation letter from you will raise a red flag even if you state she wants to visit for tourism.

6. Unless she is employed at a senior management job, her employment ties (which is her only strong tie) will not appear too strong.

IMHO, she must not apply for a TRV either before marriage or after sponsor approval.

You may want to consider working on her PR app so that you can submit it soon after you get married.

If you would still like to take a risk (with possibilities of a TRV refusal) then I can help

Cheers