+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am on a PGWP - Recently got married - Want to bring Wife here

Dani2772

Feb 16, 2014
Hello kinda users,

I am going to apply for my PR very soon here, most probably through the CEC stream. I recently got married in Dubai and want to reunite with my wife here in calgary. Please tell me what is my best option.

1. Apply for a visitor visa from outside Canada - Processing time 22 days - whats the refusal rate?

2. Apply for a Open work permit from outside Canada, based on my PGWP - Processing times 7 Months - whats the refusal rate?

3. Apply for PR and then apply for a dual intent?

Please help me out here, I need advice ASAP

Thank you
Regards
DM

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just my advice...if you want your wife to come to Canada asap, go for option 2, as long as you have a skilled job (NOC 0, A or B) and can provide all the supporting documents (your own WP, job offer letter, paystub, etc.). If you don't mind waiting till you complete the PR process through CEC, then use option 3. Not sure that option 1 is the best choice (just a visitor visa - may be hard to prove strong ties to home country). So to me option 2 makes more sense (visitor visa + open work permit, and you can be together while you go through the PR process).

Awesomeg

Mar 2, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 13/2014
Doc's Request.
24-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-03-2014
Med's Done....
27-01-2014....Remeds 13-03-15
Interview........
"Waived" In Process August 19-2014
Passport Req..
July 24-2014.
VISA ISSUED...
DM after almost 15 months of waiting, April 20/15
LANDED..........
15-05-2015 Finally... together...
Dani2772 said:
Hello kinda users,

I am going to apply for my PR very soon here, most probably through the CEC stream. I recently got married in Dubai and want to reunite with my wife here in calgary. Please tell me what is my best option.

1. Apply for a visitor visa from outside Canada - Processing time 22 days - whats the refusal rate?

2. Apply for a Open work permit from outside Canada, based on my PGWP - Processing times 7 Months - whats the refusal rate?

3. Apply for PR and then apply for a dual intent?

Please help me out here, I need advice ASAP

Thank you
Regards
DM
Option 3 is your best option.....
Slow but is safe and wont be any problem.

Option one has high possibilities of rejection,
but then you guys will be together if succeed....
then is just matter of asking for renewal of permits, etc.

If she has a skill that is in demand in Canada then option 2 will be good
she can work and stay near you while you process her application.... but again
there are not certainty that will be approve... while option 3 you know that will work....
the downside is that the waiting to be together will be long and painful