+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) , based on the purpose of your visit ?

Prakash12

Oct 3, 2020
May I know what is meant by purpose of visit ?. As my study visa has refused, I have to re-apply after correcting my SOP. To satisfy visa officer, I am going submit job offer in my home country? Is anyone know answer please ?

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
It means you're not a genuine student who will leave Canada after graduation. See my guide to study permit refusals (link in signature) and share your full profile for further advice.

Reactions: mashulia_26

Prakash12

Oct 3, 2020
Actually I had applied for postgraduate diploma in wireless networking. I have completed bachelors degree in Electronics and communication Engineering with first class division, above 80% in 10th and 12th and overall 6.5 in IELTS and two work experience in network field. I have submitted all requirements.
I have to strengthen my SOP to prove the officer that i am a bonafide student.

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
If you already have work experience what does a diploma add to your profile? They are mostly for new graduates without experience. Your proposed studies need to make sense in light of your future employment prospects.

Reactions: Buletruck

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
Actually I had applied for postgraduate diploma in wireless networking. I have completed bachelors degree in Electronics and communication Engineering with first class division, above 80% in 10th and 12th and overall 6.5 in IELTS and two work experience in network field. I have submitted all requirements.
I have to strengthen my SOP to prove the officer that i am a bonafide student.
But you're not. A diploma won't add any value to your degree. It's not logical to spend thousands of dollars to travel across the world to a very expensive place to live and study. The visa is questioning your intention. Are you a genuine student? Why do you need to travel to Canada to study? A diploma can be done in your own country and it will be cheaper and more cost effective, even it serves no purpose for you.

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
It means you're not a genuine student who will leave Canada after graduation. See my guide to study permit refusals (link in signature) and share your full profile for further advice.
Do you have a thread for spousal TRVs? My wife's TRV application is pending since July - but I wanted to know what documents I'd need to show strong ties to India to satisfy them that she will return to India?