+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am landing this Friday..:)

boujasim

Nov 12, 2008
the transit visa is fine, it doenst matter.

and ur talking about 6 hours! i waited for 13 hours in rome when i was coming back from caracas.

btw i will fly with olympic airlines,this is teh only airline that matched my timing.

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
boujasim.. please tell me what you think about Olympic when you go.. its a really good price but I've seen pictures and it looks dated.. If the service is good enough I will take it.. :)
Otherwise its Lufthansa..
As for stopovers 5 hours is nothing .. The longest wait I had was 12 hours in amsterdam.. that was boring! That's beside the one overnight I had to pull in Vienna once.. the hotel they "supply" you with is BRUTAL.. that was with Austrian Airlines.. there were like bugs all over my room I went nuts!

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Thank you all ,
Boujasim, when are you traveling?
I was just checking everything, and that I have all the required paper, (visa, COPR, passport, list of goods)
It is a strange feeling, it is like a mixture between happiness, sadness, anxiety, fear, worrying, no worrying...it is madness, pure madness...
I hope everything will go fine. Everyone I was talking to these last days, asked when are you coming back, when..? why..? and what are you plans, and all the why and when. I told them, now MY ONLY GOAL NOW, is seeing my husband after 7 month, to go out of Toronto airport, and put my feet on the land of Canada...this is the only thing I am thinking about right now...:))
Boujasim, we will wait you with the arak, Boncuk, as soon as you arrive in Windsor, tell me, so I can put the Turkish coffee on the stove, Marlena...where are you, haven't heard from you for a while now, we will go to your house for a barbecue, Rasha, hope to meet you too...and all the other.
This is my lost post before landing, If God wish and everything went well, later on I will post the landing experience, pray for me so everything will go fine.
See you later..:))

boujasim

Nov 12, 2008
well my wife used to fly with olympic all her life(to europe)
she told me all their plans are huge very modern and clean plus the service is great, i think lufthansa is overpriced i go to caracs with airfrance for 1200, with lufthansa its 1500,alitalia is 1100.. and all these planes share the european standards to only diferences is the service on plane(alitalia is the worse) plus the airport taxes.
but the best airlines i ever went onborad is without any doubt the malaysian, they are AWSOME i adore them,i went with them to malaysia indonesia and brunei and i had the best time on flight. plus they are very generous with the food and drinks.

Rorita!! have a safe landing, allah yiwaf2ik ya rab

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
Rorita I'm here, I had a crazy week with work.
Have a safe trip and don't cry too much. I'm so happy for you and your husband. Give us details about everything, plane, he they treat you when you arrive..... and last word for you WELCOME TO CANADA. I'm so proud saying this....hope everyone else feel the same.
Good luckkkkk and god be with you all the time..
Next time we will hear from you when you are in Windsor OK we will give you time with your husband but give us updates.

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
YA RAB.. everything will be fine inshallah your plane will land safely and you will be safe and happy in the arms of your husband. :) Take your time coming back here lol we will still be here waiting! You have 7 months of catching up to do! hee hee We will be waiting to hear you made in to Windsor safe and sound!
Best wishes and yes the turkish coffee will be lovely ;)

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
Here's one more hoping everything goes well. When you read this, you will hopefully be a very happy permanent resident of Canada. Yay, congratulations! :D
And don't forget, we want details ;)

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Hey my Friends, I am back, and I am officialy a Canadian Permanent Resident, with PRIDE
Here is in details, the flight over all was good, little long , but comfortable, I didn't fill the boxes where they ask for visitor or resident on the declaration card. I landed at 1:00 pm, get out of the plane, hold my passport, declaration card, COPR and went to the counter, the first officer saw my declaration card, I told him that I ddin't know what to fill, visitor or resident since I am landing as permanet resident, he said it is OK, he write some stuff on the declaration card, and told me to go to immigration, and said welcome to Canada. I went there , told the officer I am landing as PR, give him my passport, COPR, declaration card. He asked me:
Is this your first time in Canada: yes
Who you have in Canada: my husband
Did you had any problem with the police: no
He wrote the info on the COPR, gave me a copy, and told me that my PR card will arrive at my address in 4 week, and in the end he said: WELCOME HOME..:)
then I went to another officer, she checked my COPR and wrote some info in her PC, she gave me some gifts: a bag, a pen, some flyer to get to know Canada and the newcomer service center, again, WELCOME HOME. From there, I went to another employee, he saw my COPR, give the flyer about the SIN and OHIP card, WELCOME HOME. From there I went to pick up my bags, I asked for help from a Skycap, I waited for my bags for almost 25 minute, they were in the end..:)).. from there I went to custom, I took out my list of goods and the B4e list...arrived at the custom, I give him my declaration card, and he didn't even look to my face, didn't ask what I am bringing, nothing at all, ...what a waste of time was doing these lists and taking picture of my jewerly..:))
I went out , and there was my husband waiting for me, with a huge bouquet and a camera, he took me a picture as soon as I went out of custom.
If the bags didn't take 25 minute to show, I were to be finished in 15 minute, specialy that the airport was empty.
My landing experience was extremly easy, everyone was so nice, friendly, with a nice smile. And to be fair, the canadian officer are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy friendlier and polite than the USA officer, sorry from all the American friends on this forum, but in Detroit airport, I was treated very bad because I am Lebanese.
Take it from me, there is nothing to worry about, it is a straight forward procedure. I SHOULD HAVE LISTENED TO MY HUSBAND.
After landing in Toronto, we spent the night there, took a long walk in Toronto, even that I haven't slept for more than 24 hours..:)
Saturday we headed home, and started our new life in Windsor. Now I can say that all the pain and the sadness of the last year has gone, as soon as I have seen the officer signing my COPR, and the way they have treated me...Oh my God, they were sooooooooo nice.
I took a mask with me to protect myself fromthe H1N1...but no one, and I mean no one in frankfurt or in Toronto, was wearing a mask...so I didn't...
I am so happy that we are done, and now we can look forward to our new life
Best of luck for everyone, and I will keep logging in to this forum as much as I can, trying to help new members, like other members have helped me.
P.S. My husband is next to me, he corrected my dictation errors...and he is the one who added this sentecne..(I SHOULD HAVE LISTENED TO MY HUSBAND)
Marlena, now is your turn, then Boncuk and Rasha...
P.S. Windsor is for reall a very nice town, starting next week, I will start working on my SIN and OHIP card , as well my driving lisence.
Take care all.

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
WELCOME HOME!!!!
I am truly happy for you Rorita and so thrilled that you made it there safe and sound! Alhamdulillah. I am sure you are flying in the clouds with your husband by your side! I am glad to hear also that you had a good time in Pearson.. I told you the ppl are nicer there and much more civilised! I hope you are enjoying Windsor.. unfortunately you arrived during a garbage and civil workers strike.. don't let that change your opinion :)) I hope all goes well for you from here on... I hope you stick around in this forum when you get a chance as we will miss you otherwise!
Again.. congratulations...

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
Welcome to Canada, your new home!
Wishing you lots of happiness, love and luck! :)

Nike1702

Star Member
Feb 13, 2009
My wife landed on June 24, 2009 and told me that they asked her on what basis did she come here and if she had any kids and then was told to sign in three places for PR and thats all.

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Thank you Boncuk for your wishes, and for sure I a going to stay logging to this forum and to my friends here as well, and no I won't change my opinion about Windsor, it is a very nice town, we have just returned from a walk on the river side. Hope to see you here soon.
Thank you suin, best of luck for you too.
Yes Nike1702, it is a very easy procedure and fast one.

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
Glad to hear it went smoothly. Welcome home! Hope the bliss you feel now sticks with you both for a looong time :)