+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am in trouble, can't sleep , please help

hellolife

Aug 26, 2016
Hello,
I am new in this forum. I need your help please please please.
I am in a very bad situation. I just have applied my citizenship application and my case is now in process. Days after that I got fired from my work due to some think which I thought not very big (I bought some thing from the store where I worked and returned different item with the same receipt and tag, the value of the item purchased is less than 100$ and the item returned is in the same value) but my employer discovered this and considered it as a fraud and fired me. Then the police called me and said that your employer called us and told about your story. then said that the former employer didn't rise any criminal charges against me and so the police will not do. the police said that let this be a lesson to me and if this will happen again , it will be a serious issue for me.
Now please tell me , does this will have any impact on my citizenship application. Do I have now a record in the police and they will send it to the CIC and I may be not granted the citizenship. I can't imagine what will happen to me. Please advise and help me. I know and I regret it, I did the silliest mistake in my life. I am so terrified and don't know how to get out of this nightmare.

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
It doesn't sound like it. No, criminal charges were filed. But if you want to know if any records were kept of this incident, you could make a records request from whatever police agency it was. You might want to talk to a lawyer about how to do that and what specifically to ask for. I would relax and take the police's advice to heart and not do something like that again.

Hamid khan

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2013
hellolife said:
Hello,
I am in a very bad situation. I just have applied my citizenship application and my case is now in process. Days after that I got fired from my work due to some think which I thought not very big (I bought some thing from the store where I worked and returned different item with the same receipt and tag, the value of the item purchased is less than 100$ and the item returned is in the same value) but my employer discovered this and considered it as a fraud and fired me. Then the police called me and said that your employer called us and told about your story. then said that the former employer didn't rise any criminal charges against me and so the police will not do. the police said that let this be a lesson to me and if this will happen again , it will be a serious issue for me.
Now please tell me , does this will have any impact on my citizenship application. Do I have now a record in the police and they will send it to the CIC and I may be not granted the citizenship. I can't imagine what will happen to me. Please advise and help me. I know and I regret it, I did the silliest mistake in my life. I am so terrified and don't know how to get out of this nightmare.
This is nothing don't worry

Do few things :

1. Order a police check ( I m sure it will come nothing )
2. If you see anything talk to lawyer

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
if they didn't charge you, then you don't have a criminal record.
So you're good for now.

Don't do anything like this in future. If you get a record then u will have issues, not just to citizenship

tinam

May 30, 2015
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hellolife said:
Hello,
No charge, no criminal record. For you to have a record, charges must be filed against you. Just get some sleep and only worry about getting another job. Good luck!