+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am gay and my boyfriend is planning to take me to canada to get married.

kimjao

Mar 8, 2013
gsize said:
i have been thinking about your case and I have discussed it with some lawyer friends of mine (not Immigration lawyers)

Although I dont recommend 'conjugal' class,it could work in your case. You say your partner cant travel due to medical. If he can get a letter from his Doctor, then you might have a chance.

Once again, your partner needs to speak to Immigration lawyer/consultant that deals with same sex Immigration

Where abouts in Canada is your partner. ? I ask this because this is important if you are denied. Appeal waiting times are about 2 years in Toronto.

Im afraid you are in for a bumpy ride !
gsize said:
i have been thinking about your case and I have discussed it with some lawyer friends of mine (not Immigration lawyers)

Although I dont recommend 'conjugal' class,it could work in your case. You say your partner cant travel due to medical. If he can get a letter from his Doctor, then you might have a chance.

Once again, your partner needs to speak to Immigration lawyer/consultant that deals with same sex Immigration

Where abouts in Canada is your partner. ? I ask this because this is important if you are denied. Appeal waiting times are about 2 years in Toronto.

Im afraid you are in for a bumpy ride !
zardoz said:
Just how much time have you actually been together in the same place? Which country did you meet in?
Yes he is in toronto ontario, but i just applied TRV. Do i need to wait for 2 years before reapplying again? Please i need help and thank you.

kanayda

Nov 14, 2012
kimjao said:
I am his wife i guess i know there is a discrimanation in our relationship. But if theres no chance to be with him. I dunno what to do next.
Who says true love doesn't exist in this world anymore... look at you guys.. that's true love. and no doubt love is blind. it doesn't see age difference, disease, gender and distance.... u ppl haven't event met...

I'm impressed....

kimjao

Mar 8, 2013
zardoz said:
Just how much time have you actually been together in the same place? Which country did you meet in?
kanayda said:
Who says true love doesn't exist in this world anymore... look at you guys.. that's true love. and no doubt love is blind. it doesn't see age difference, disease, gender and distance.... u ppl haven't event met...

I'm impressed....
Thank you. Im just scared that i might loose him, he is too old now, he leave by himself, and i dont want that he experience again his horrible situation. When ge had an attack he was just screaming in his house asking for help because he is only one in his house he is jusy lucky that his neighbor heard he is screaming. When i think about it, money is not important if you are by your self. Sometimes ge cried when i told to him that i wont be there because of this damn laws and rules. But when i heard that we wanted me soo much. It made me so mad how far i am from him.

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009....denied Feb 2010.....appeal allowed (August 2012)..waiting for processing
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
I think its important to be together with him (you havent even met in perosn yet) Once he is able to travel, I would recommend meeting in a third country and spend some time with him. ie, Europe

It seems that he has the financial means to do this (many cannot) as it becomes very expensive. If its right for the 2 of you, you can then get married in many European countries. Unfortunately, getting married to a Canadian does not guarantee your application will be accepted, but it will help your case ! Hugs !

kimjao

Mar 8, 2013
gsize said:
I think its important to be together with him (you havent even met in perosn yet) Once he is able to travel, I would recommend meeting in a third country and spend some time with him. ie, Europe

It seems that he has the financial means to do this (many cannot) as it becomes very expensive. If its right for the 2 of you, you can then get married in many European countries. Unfortunately, getting married to a Canadian does not guarantee your application will be accepted, but it will help your case ! Hugs !
zardoz said:
But its very hard to apply tourist in canada how much more in europe

jarry96

Star Member
Jan 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 17, 2012
AOR Received.
October 3, 2012
File Transfer...
October 4, 2012
Med's Done....
July 4, 2012
Passport Req..
April 26, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 29, 2013
Kimjao,

Since you are going to be a graduate nurse, perhaps you should look into the possibility of qualifying for the Live-In Caregiver Program?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/caregiver/apply-who.asp

kimjao

Mar 8, 2013
jarry96 said:
Kimjao,

Since you are going to be a graduate nurse, perhaps you should look into the possibility of qualifying for the Live-In Caregiver Program?

jarry96 said:
Kimjao,

zardoz said:
jarry96 said:
Kimjao,

I dont have an employer. So it will be soo hard for me

jarry96

Star Member
Jan 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 17, 2012
AOR Received.
October 3, 2012
File Transfer...
October 4, 2012
Med's Done....
July 4, 2012
Passport Req..
April 26, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 29, 2013
kimjao said:
I dont have an employer. So it will be soo hard for me
Perhaps your bf needs to hire the perfect caregiver?

Canuck20

Nov 5, 2012
Beaverton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/08/2012
AOR Received.
NA
File Transfer...
24/09/2012
Med's Done....
24/07/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19/02/2013
VISA ISSUED...
9/05/2013
LANDED..........
24/05/2013
If your partner is located in Toronto and he can afford a consultant I would recommend the following firm that deals with same sex immigration situations. They are very good. Check their website. The first consult is free.

http://immigrationservices.ca/

kimjao

Mar 8, 2013
Canuck20 said:
If your partner is located in Toronto and he can afford a consultant I would recommend the following firm that deals with same sex immigration situations. They are very good. Check their website. The first consult is free.

Canuck20 said:

zardoz said:
Thank you soo much i hope ut will work.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
OP.... ignore some of these comments. Clearly the trolls are having fun.

If you do happen to have a chronic medical condition, you'll need to get an experienced lawyer to help you prove you won't be a burden to the healthcare system. My suggestion is to Google your medical condition plus immigration canada.

Things you do need to do:
- meet with your partner on vacation a few times before getting married
- it doesn't matter where you do this
- if you're rejected for the TRV a second time, understand the situation isn't going to change unless something major happens on your part (i. e., you buy property)

If you get married on your first meeting and apply right away for PR, I fear you have a high chance of being denied. Sure, you can appeal the ruling, but the appeal process isn't a run experience and can take horribly long for some people.

Just on a personal note, I would remove any references to your and your partner's medical conditions as well as any medicals you take. It's not the business of anyone on this forum. Ignore the trolls. (Or as we say - Don't feed the trolls!)

blueboom

Aug 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
September 27, 2012
File Transfer...
November 7, 2012
Med's Done....
August 27, 2012
Interview........
waived (DM April 19, 2013)
Passport Req..
May 2, 2013 (non visa-exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
June 11, 2013
LANDED..........
June 23, 2013
kimjao, I hope you will continue to ask questions here when you need answers. There are people here willing to help you for any immigration-related questions you have.

frankinto

Star Member
Mar 15, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2013
kimjao, the hateful comments you read here are not representative of this country. Do not pay them any mind.

Update: The air has suddenly cleared in this thread, thanks to the moderator(s).

jarry96

Star Member
Jan 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 17, 2012
AOR Received.
October 3, 2012
File Transfer...
October 4, 2012
Med's Done....
July 4, 2012
Passport Req..
April 26, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 29, 2013
Kimjao,

This country believes in individual human rights and you would be welcomed here if you can find a way to get a visa.