+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am eligible however I KNOW I can improve on CELPIP/IELTS - should I wait to create a profile?

joeysupertramp

May 24, 2017
Hey guys!

I'm in the process of applying for the Skilled Workers avenue of the Express Entry system, took my CELPIP last week and have gotten less-than-expected scores:

Listening: 8
Reading: 10
Writing: 8
Speaking: 12

With the two '8' scores, that takes my score down to a measly 376, when if I would score at least '10' on my two failing scores, I'd be up to around the 440+ mark.

Regardless of this, it appears that I am still eligible to apply. Would you recommend setting up a profile now, retaking one of the language tests and resubmitting them once I have the (hopefully) improved results? Or should I wait until I have re-taken the test to begin the process?

Since the lowest CRS points that were chosen to apply for May have been around the 415-430 mark, I can't see the points dipping low enough for me to even be considered at this point but I wanted to know what the pros and cons of applying now would be?

Thank you in advance for your help!

nokia3315

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You never know, the CRS scores may dip below 376.

As long as CIC allows EE applicant to update profile by new language report justified by high scores then my advise will be to join the pool now.

Wait for more replies from members with more knowledge/experience regarding the topic of language report update

farazafzal

Aug 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys!

I'm in the process of applying for the Skilled Workers avenue of the Express Entry system, took my CELPIP last week and have gotten less-than-expected scores:

Listening: 8
Reading: 10
Writing: 8
Speaking: 12

With the two '8' scores, that takes my score down to a measly 376, when if I would score at least '10' on my two failing scores, I'd be up to around the 440+ mark.

Regardless of this, it appears that I am still eligible to apply. Would you recommend setting up a profile now, retaking one of the language tests and resubmitting them once I have the (hopefully) improved results? Or should I wait until I have re-taken the test to begin the process?

Since the lowest CRS points that were chosen to apply for May have been around the 415-430 mark, I can't see the points dipping low enough for me to even be considered at this point but I wanted to know what the pros and cons of applying now would be?

Thank you in advance for your help!
Enter the pool now ! You could update your profile any time with new results. Your EE profile is independent of your scores. If you get ITA with 376 (Extremely very Unlikely) while you are renewing your scores, well and good. If not, you could update and get ITA with 440 (Very Likely).

G Luck

joeysupertramp

May 24, 2017
Enter the pool now ! You could update your profile any time with new results. Your EE profile is independent of your scores. If you get ITA with 376 (Extremely very Unlikely) while you are renewing your scores, well and good. If not, you could update and get ITA with 440 (Very Likely).

G Luck
Thanks for all your help guys! My only wonder is if I apply now, I'll have only one year from the day I got into the pool. Wouldn't it be better to have a full year in the pool with a score of 440+?

farazafzal

Aug 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for all your help guys! My only wonder is if I apply now, I'll have only one year from the day I got into the pool. Wouldn't it be better to have a full year in the pool with a score of 440+?
Oh no ! you are relating two things which got no relations,. Expired Profile in a year make a new one !!

If you fear about the profile expiry and your application processing, let me clarify, once you have ITA , there is no expiry of the profile !
GLuck