+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am confused regarding marriage timing due to sponsorhip

countyboy

Mar 16, 2018
Hi all,

I have an issue which I thought has been resolved but the recent email from Canadian office worried me.
The story is I have got my visa issued and have got COPR and am deciding whether I should get married before leaving for Canada and get COPR for my spouse as well, or marry her later after landing in Canada. Forums replies here say that going for the first option is the best as it is less cumbersome than marrying her later and sponsoring her afterward.

Recently, I got an email from the Canadian consulate saying that your application finalized and closed and visa has been issued/ Therefore, you can only sponsor her after you move to Canada. Is that TRUE?

If I marry now, and then I must notify the Canadian office regarding my marital status change which is the requirement, can she not get COPR as well? what is the process like? Need help here! thanks

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi all,

I have an issue which I thought has been resolved but the recent email from Canadian office worried me.
The story is I have got my visa issued and have got COPR and am deciding whether I should get married before leaving for Canada and get COPR for my spouse as well, or marry her later after landing in Canada. Forums replies here say that going for the first option is the best as it is less cumbersome than marrying her later and sponsoring her afterward.

Recently, I got an email from the Canadian consulate saying that your application finalized and closed and visa has been issued/ Therefore, you can only sponsor her after you move to Canada. Is that TRUE?

If I marry now, and then I must notify the Canadian office regarding my marital status change which is the requirement, can she not get COPR as well? what is the process like? Need help here! thanks
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/marital-status-change-after-cpr.592280/#post-7353571