+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am an asylum seeker, and I had an admissibility hearing. Ask me anything.

profugus

Nov 25, 2017
I arrived in 2016, and presented my asylum claim in January 2018. CBSA reported me for an admissibility hearing for serious criminality, and I was arrested. I was released on bail in March.

It took CBSA three and a half years to put their disclosure together, and finally reveal what bothered them about me. I had a hearing on December 2, 2021. The hearing was postponed, and now we're arguing in writing. If I can convince IRB that I'm not a criminal, I can go ahead and present my asylum case. If not, I'm going to be removed from Canada. That is, if I also fail the judicial review, and then I'm denied a Canadian pardon.

My counselor totally let me down, and now I'm suing him. I had to study Canadian laws, and prepare my own case.

If you're facing the same prospects, ask me anything. It's quite rare that a refugee claimant is reported for inadmissibility, so I may have some answers which most lawyers don't.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
That's quite a journey. Thanks for sharing and good luck.

Chenish

Dec 18, 2021
Hello, I have kind of similar situation where my consultant added wrong information in basis of claim. Now I am facing integrity issue and I am by myself with this inland refugee case. I have no idea how any process works. I have really bad experiences with consultants who made my life miserable with their partial knowledge in immigration so it’s tough to trust any legal representative. If anyone knows way out I would be obliged guys. Thank you for taking time.

Dec 18, 2021
Hi, I have some questions if you can help me that would be great. I also came to Canada in 2016 on study permit. But the main reason I fled the country was cause of me 2 drug dealers got arrested and that pissed lot of people so basically ppl call me Rat but I don't mind cause my friend lost his life to overdose and my life was in danger back and still to this day if I go back. But I didn't apply for asylum thinking I can get work permit by studying but that didn't happened because of anxiety and depression I gone through. I did talk to some lawyers. But I still want to talk to some ppl like you too. So you think there is any case for me if I file for asylum now? And I also broken 1 law which is working more than 20 hours which I'm suppose to do.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, I have some questions if you can help me that would be great. I also came to Canada in 2016 on study permit. But the main reason I fled the country was cause of me 2 drug dealers got arrested and that pissed lot of people so basically ppl call me Rat but I don't mind cause my friend lost his life to overdose and my life was in danger back and still to this day if I go back. But I didn't apply for asylum thinking I can get work permit by studying but that didn't happened because of anxiety and depression I gone through. I did talk to some lawyers. But I still want to talk to some ppl like you too. So you think there is any case for me if I file for asylum now? And I also broken 1 law which is working more than 20 hours which I'm suppose to do.
What country are you from?

I would recommend that you research IFA (Internal Flight Alternative). This could be a challenge for you to be successful with a refugee application.

Basically you would need to prove that no matter where you live in your country, your life would be in danger.

Dec 18, 2021
I'm from punjab India. I have no idea how I can prove that tbh.but they have whole drug racket across country. I think I need to talk to lawyer about all this and see what we can do. In addition most Sikh lives are always in danger after the Sikh genocide in 1984

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'm from punjab India. I have no idea how I can prove that tbh.but they have whole drug racket across country. I think I need to talk to lawyer about all this and see what we can do. In addition most Sikh lives are always in danger after the Sikh genocide in 1984
Good luck.

Reactions: Gursimranjit13

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The fact that you have been out of India for 5 years makes proof of danger due people thinking you are a snitch much more difficult. India is such a large country that your ability to relocate within the country is tough to overcome. When did you stop studying full-time? How long have you been working over 20 hours a week? Proving persecution due to a genocide in the 80s will not be possible.

Reactions: Gursimranjit13

Chenish

Dec 18, 2021
I arrived in 2016, and presented my asylum claim in January 2018. CBSA reported me for an admissibility hearing for serious criminality, and I was arrested. I was released on bail in March.

It took CBSA three and a half years to put their disclosure together, and finally reveal what bothered them about me. I had a hearing on December 2, 2021. The hearing was postponed, and now we're arguing in writing. If I can convince IRB that I'm not a criminal, I can go ahead and present my asylum case. If not, I'm going to be removed from Canada. That is, if I also fail the judicial review, and then I'm denied a Canadian pardon.

My counselor totally let me down, and now I'm suing him. I had to study Canadian laws, and prepare my own case.

If you're facing the same prospects, ask me anything. It's quite rare that a refugee claimant is reported for inadmissibility, so I may have some answers which most lawyers don't.
I have several questions regarding my asylum claim. I came in 2012 on student visa, I dropped studies in 2016 and was out of status till 2019 august that’s when I applied refugee claim on someones suggestion. Consultant who did claim of my refugee added false information in basis of claim story and also missed 3 hearing dates without informing me. He couldn’t prove what he presented and left my claim as is. I attended a hearing and told board members about what position i am in and they sent me integrity letter stating rule27. I am struggling with this mess up done by some greedy consultant and don’t have any idea what to do to get legal status back? I will be obliged if you can suggest any way out of this. Thank you for taking time.

Sakr77

Oct 6, 2020
I have several questions regarding my asylum claim. I came in 2012 on student visa, I dropped studies in 2016 and was out of status till 2019 august that’s when I applied refugee claim on someones suggestion. Consultant who did claim of my refugee added false information in basis of claim story and also missed 3 hearing dates without informing me. He couldn’t prove what he presented and left my claim as is. I attended a hearing and told board members about what position i am in and they sent me integrity letter stating rule27. I am struggling with this mess up done by some greedy consultant and don’t have any idea what to do to get legal status back? I will be obliged if you can suggest any way out of this. Thank you for taking time.
You need an immigration lawyer at this point. A very good one.

Reactions: Simba112 and scylla

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Integrity generally means IRCC has concerns there are issues with your claim such as misrepresentation, fradulent documents, false identity, etc. I agree it's serious and you need to be working with a very good lawyer.

You need to win your asylum claim to get yourself on a path to get your legal status back.

I'm assuming your asylum claim has merit. If it doesn't have merit, then you may want to change your path forward vs. fighting this out with the help of a lawyer in spending more money.

Good luck.

Chenish

Dec 18, 2021
Integrity generally means IRCC has concerns there are issues with your claim such as misrepresentation, fradulent documents, false identity, etc. I agree it's serious and you need to be working with a very good lawyer.

You need to win your asylum claim to get yourself on a path to get your legal status back.

I'm assuming your asylum claim has merit. If it doesn't have merit, then you may want to change your path forward vs. fighting this out with the help of a lawyer in spending more money.

Good luck.
much appreciated Scylla