+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am a PR of Canada. I did soft landing in May 2022. I live in USA on F-1 -OPT visa.

liaquat85

Mar 24, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hi all,
I am a PR of Canada. I did a soft landing in May 2022. Currently, I am living in the USA on an F-1 -OPT visa as I have a full-time job here.
When I applied for PR I applied only for myself as that time I was sure whether I would settle in Canada or not.
The question is how can I apply for my spouse(working on an H1-B visa ) and children(US citizens)?

Am I right that I cannot apply for my family until I am in Canada?

What if I go to Canada saying I am coming to Canada permanently, apply for all SIN cards, job permit cards, and permanent residency cards,s and leave Canada after two weeks? (Would that affect my PR)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi all,
I am a PR of Canada. I did a soft landing in May 2022. Currently, I am living in the USA on an F-1 -OPT visa as I have a full-time job here.
When I applied for PR I applied only for myself as that time I was sure whether I would settle in Canada or not.
The question is how can I apply for my spouse(working on an H1-B visa ) and children(US citizens)?

Am I right that I cannot apply for my family until I am in Canada?

What if I go to Canada saying I am coming to Canada permanently, apply for all SIN cards, job permit cards, and permanent residency cards,s and leave Canada after two weeks? (Would that affect my PR)
You need to be in Canada and living in Canada to sponsor them for PR. If you come to Canada for a short trip, submit the application and leave - the application will be refused.

liaquat85

Mar 24, 2017
Category........
FSW
Is there any other way
You need to be in Canada and living in Canada to sponsor them for PR. If you come to Canada for a short trip, submit the application, and leave - the application will be refused.
Thank you for your reply.
What about if I travel in between means working for a week here in the USA and going there for a weekend in Canada as I live near the border?

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Is there any other way

What about if I travel in between means working for a week here in the USA and going there for a weekend in Canada as I live near the border?
What if doesn’t come into the equation .
You mentioned you “ live “ in the United States .
As mentioned you have to live in Canada. There’s not a grey area you’re looking for. You chose to live in the States

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Is there any other way

You need to be living in Canada. So the above won't work. If you lived full time in Canada and commuted daily to your job in the US or worked remotely from Canada, that would work.