+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am a PR and my spouse is applying for EE

i_have_a_qn

Sep 22, 2019
Hi

I am a PR since May 2018, but currently not living in Canada. I got married in Jan 2019 and we decided to settle down in Canada. My wife is eligible and hence applied through EE program. She already got an ITA. Based on some of the posts on the forum, we answered the question "is the spouse accompanying" with a "no". This meant that, I am not a co-applicant (as per my understanding - please correct me if I am wrong). Now, while filling the final visa application, we are confused about the following questions and would require help in answering them:

a) Reason for unaccompanying PR spouse?

b) What do we mention in LOE?

c) Will I have to inform IRCC about my marital status? If yes, then how? What consequences does that have on my PR status?

Please note that we did not choose spousal sponsorship route because it requires me to be in Canada to sponsor my spouse and also because of the general delay of the process.

Please share your comments and suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Fahadkazmi

May 28, 2018
Hi

I am a PR since May 2018, but currently not living in Canada. I got married in Jan 2019 and we decided to settle down in Canada. My wife is eligible and hence applied through EE program. She already got an ITA. Based on some of the posts on the forum, we answered the question "is the spouse accompanying" with a "no". This meant that, I am not a co-applicant (as per my understanding - please correct me if I am wrong). Now, while filling the final visa application, we are confused about the following questions and would require help in answering them:

a) Reason for unaccompanying PR spouse?

b) What do we mention in LOE?

c) Will I have to inform IRCC about my marital status? If yes, then how? What consequences does that have on my PR status?

Please note that we did not choose spousal sponsorship route because it requires me to be in Canada to sponsor my spouse and also because of the general delay of the process.

Please share your comments and suggestions. Thanks in advance.
Hi,
They ask this question at a very early stage while creating EE profile:
"Is your spouse or common-law partner a citizen or permanent resident of Canada"?
If you answer this as YES, all above problems will be solved.

i_have_a_qn

Sep 22, 2019
Hey,

Thanks for your reply. My wife already mentioned that I'm a PR in the application at the time of submitting the profile. The application now has a separate section called "unaccompanying PR spouse" where there are sub sections asking about my Personal and work history and have also asked to submit my pr card copy, pcc and passport copy.

The concern mainly is about the reason that we should be giving for not accompanying- In such a way that it doesn't affect either of our pr visa.

Fahadkazmi

May 28, 2018
Hey,

Thanks for your reply. My wife already mentioned that I'm a PR in the application at the time of submitting the profile. The application now has a separate section called "unaccompanying PR spouse" where there are sub sections asking about my Personal and work history and have also asked to submit my pr card copy, pcc and passport copy.

The concern mainly is about the reason that we should be giving for not accompanying- In such a way that it doesn't affect either of our pr visa.
Just mention in LOE that the spouse is already a Canadian Permanent Resident, have a PR card (attach a copy of it) and you are not adding your spouse in your profile for the same reason.
Just disclose all the information clearly, don't hide any fact from them and you will be fine

kjk9

Mar 8, 2022
Hello, my fiancé is a PR, and I am in India. We are getting married this June. Should I apply for EE through FSW program or the Spousal Sponsorship?

Also, if I apply to EE before marriage, how will that affect my application process after I get married? I can definitely update my marital status, but will I be asked to apply through the spousal route because I am married to a PR? Or can I go ahead with the EE?

musalodhi

Aug 9, 2021
My received Passport request and re-medical Request both What should we do ? Shall we do medical and submit passport or just medical and wait for further instructions