+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am a French teacher but I do not have a bachelor of Education.

Imanein

Nov 27, 2018
I have been teaching French as a foreign language from Prekindergarten till corporate level but most of my experience is in elementary school ( 3 years).
Lately I have joined an IB ( international baccalaureate) school where I am teaching French to grades 11 and 12 but it has been only 6 months. I have been extensively trained by renowned educationists from the entire world but was never awarded any certificate, as these were in-job trainings.
I am worried if I put NOC 4032: Elementary School and Kindergarten Teachers, I might not get an invitation due to the fact that I do not have a B.Ed. Does anybody have any idea about this? Is it compulsory to have a B.Ed to be invited under this NOC ? In the NOC 4032 description it is clearly mentioned BEd is required but how true is that?
Also I heard that to get a job in any state as a teacher you need to clear a certain examination? does this apply for IB schools as well or only state board schools?
I have a bachelor in English Studies and I have no certification that proves my French language expertise, except my TEF results which I have taken recently for EE purposes and where I was given Level C2. I really started doubting my eligibility , even though my CRS Score is high. I think they value the NOC more than the CRS score...If I am mistaken, please educate.

Imanein

Nov 27, 2018
Even after getting an ITA, the immigration officer can easily reject the application, and deny you PR if he thinks something is wrong with the NOC. So I think this only proves that NOC is very important even more than CRS score. Even if a score of 480 can get you an invitation, an NOC not in demand won't get the PR. My NOC is clear I am a teacher. I rather need an answer to this question : is a bachelor of education mandatory for getting a teaching job in Canada ? Do you have an idea ?

monica25

Star Member
Jun 18, 2018
Even after getting an ITA, the immigration officer can easily reject the application, and deny you PR if he thinks something is wrong with the NOC. So I think this only proves that NOC is very important even more than CRS score. Even if a score of 480 can get you an invitation, an NOC not in demand won't get the PR. My NOC is clear I am a teacher. I rather need an answer to this question : is a bachelor of education mandatory for getting a teaching job in Canada ? Do you have an idea ?
NOC will never be more important than CRS score. Anyone can tell you that.
The only reason why an offier would reject the application (rejection related to NOC) is if you choose your NOC incorrectly.
You do not have to have a B.Ed to receive an ITA under that NOC through EE
I am not a teacher but it seems only logical to think that you need some type of education to land a teaching job.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
First of all, approvals of PR except specific PNP streams for In demand jobs, are not given based on in demand jobs. One can get PR through Express Entry with a NOC that is not in demand.

Second, yes, you can apply even without a bachelor, as the minimum education requirement for PR Express Entry is High School/Baccalauréat.