+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I am a 46 year old naturopathic doctor with 22 years of experience

sam00908

Oct 9, 2019
I am a 46-year-old dietitian naturopathic doctor with 22 years of experience in India and would like to immigrate to Canada (British Columbia). My age seems a problem for express entry.
What are the possible ways in which I can immigrate to Canada and work as a naturopath doctor?
I have a BNYS Degree, Is that eligible in Canada?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am a 46-year-old dietitian naturopathic doctor with 22 years of experience in India and would like to immigrate to Canada (British Columbia). My age seems a problem for express entry.
What are the possible ways in which I can immigrate to Canada and work as a naturopath doctor?
You will have to do your own research regarding licensing for naturopathic doctors. Unfortunately your age and the fact that naturopathic doctors is not a skill in demand will make immigrating very difficult. On top of that naturopathic doctors aren’t covered under provincial healthcare plans so you have to try to find patients and build a practice. Only a small percentage of Canadians will be interested in your services. Building a practice that will support you or your family at your age may not be possible. If you have a successful practice in your home country it would be best to stay in your home country.

Indian applicant

Jun 29, 2014
NO. BNYS is not eligible. cancuk78 is completely correct. The climate is completely different in different parts of Canada and the population is highly dispersed far less compared to India. The local seasons do not permit growing of herbs or medicinal plants.