+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I-94 expiry and stay in Canada

Rasri

Nov 29, 2022
My mom has both US and Canada Visa. She entered US on Aug 5th this year. She came to Canada on Sep 7th. I would like to know can she go back to US after I-94 expiry and stay in US for a couple of months ?

timhortonsspender

Star Member
Nov 24, 2022
My mom has both US and Canada Visa. She entered US on Aug 5th this year. She came to Canada on Sep 7th. I would like to know can she go back to US after I-94 expiry and stay in US for a couple of months ?
Standard i94 is good for 6 months. The officer writes the date on the stamp. You can also get the exact detail online. Even if expired they will give her a new i94.

Reactions: Rasri

Rasri

Nov 29, 2022
Thanks for your prompt response. She is not a PR holder and hope this answers remain same even then. Her I-94 expires Jan end and She is planning to visit US in 1st or 2nd week of Feb

timhortonsspender

Star Member
Nov 24, 2022
Thanks for your prompt response. She is not a PR holder and hope this answers remain same even then. Her I-94 expires Jan end and She is planning to visit US in 1st or 2nd week of Feb
Yes. Just because the countries are right next door it won't matter. My answer remains same.

Reactions: Rasri

Rasri

Nov 29, 2022
An extended question related to the same topic. If she enters US before the current I94 expires, can she request an extension or to issue a new I94 that has longer duration than the current one? Technically she has stayed only for a month in US before coming to Canada. L be

timhortonsspender

Star Member
Nov 24, 2022
An extended question related to the same topic. If she enters US before the current I94 expires, can she request an extension or to issue a new I94 that has longer duration than the current one? Technically she has stayed only for a month in US before coming to Canada. L be
She can file for a i539 online once she's in the US. CBP officers are not receptive to requests of that nature.