+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I’ve been refused then I got GCMS notes Need some Help.

MohamedElshami

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
Hello there,

I’ve been refused 4 times but let me explain why it’s 4 times, the first time I got the refusal didn’t know anything at all about how to process a visa application. So told my self it’s okay submit another application and everything will be fine so I did submit it the same day I got the refusal but I changed some stuff in the SOP then 2 weeks later I get the 2nd refusal. And the 4th is a replica of the same mistake of the 2nd. Then after that I got really depressed as I really wanted to study in Canada but it was really hard to get accepted for visa. So I heard about the GCMS notes. So I ordered them and I just got them today. They are 34 pages and in the end there is a note/comment from the officer who handled my application says: I have reviewed the application

Based on the applicant’s limited employments prospects in their country of residence, I have accorded less weight to their ties to their country of residence.

Based on the financial documents submitted. I’m not satisfied that the applicant has sufficient funds to pay for living expanses. For the proposed studies.

Weighing the factors in this application, I’m not satisfied that the applicant will adhere to the terms and conditions imposed as a temporary resident.

For the reasons above, I have refused the application.

And that was it he didn’t write anything more. Here is the thing for the first reason for the employment section I’m a freelancing since a young age. I’ve never worked for anyone all my work was investing and getting a return. For example bonds, stocks and foreign exchange. I work like that full time as they’re really time consuming.

Second reason in the refusal. Is finance. Which didn’t convince me as I’ve presented my documents showing that I’m able to study and paying for my expanses for the entire period without even working a part time job. So I really don’t know why I got this reason was on the refusal.

Thank you guys for taking time to read this, appreciate your help :)

elderluis

Nov 3, 2020
Hi bro. Me and my wife were refused some weeks ago but We appealed the result and we are waiting for an answer.
As long as I see you may not understand the process very well. but lets clarify some things first.

Based on the applicant’s limited employments prospects in their country of residence, I have accorded less weight to their ties to their country of residence.
you are a businessman. that only shows that can work on any place (your country, canada, etc.). not good if the idea of your studies, should be to prepare to go back to your country and get a job there.

Based on the financial documents submitted. I’m not satisfied that the applicant has sufficient funds to pay for living expanses. For the proposed studies.

you didn't mention what kind of proved of funds you showed. but as you don't have a proper jobs to justify your money, you have to explain to the officer why you have that money and from where it came from. (that can be done using the purpose letter that you attach to your application).

Weighing the factors in this application, I’m not satisfied that the applicant will adhere to the terms and conditions imposed as a temporary resident.

I see this one as a resume of the reasons before. they don't understand why you want to study in Canada, how are you going to pay for your studies and if you have something in your country that is going to make you go back once you finish your studies.

maybe you know these things, but my best suggestion is to hire a consulter ( from a real and honest office) and explain your situation and what you really want to do.

Reactions: MohamedElshami

MohamedElshami

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
Hi bro. Me and my wife were refused some weeks ago but We appealed the result and we are waiting for an answer.
As long as I see you may not understand the process very well. but lets clarify some things first.

you are a businessman. that only shows that can work on any place (your country, canada, etc.). not good if the idea of your studies, should be to prepare to go back to your country and get a job there.

you didn't mention what kind of proved of funds you showed. but as you don't have a proper jobs to justify your money, you have to explain to the officer why you have that money and from where it came from. (that can be done using the purpose letter that you attach to your application).

I see this one as a resume of the reasons before. they don't understand why you want to study in Canada, how are you going to pay for your studies and if you have something in your country that is going to make you go back once you finish your studies.

maybe you know these things, but my best suggestion is to hire a consulter ( from a real and honest office) and explain your situation and what you really want to do.
Thank you so much for the information I really appreciate your time. And wish you and your wife to get a successful appeal results. And yes I’m a business man I didn’t explain anything in my finances as they only requested proof not explanation of that proof. I think my mistake is that I’m honest and I’m not used to these kind of tricks.

I will hire a pro consulter. But do you suggest a specific one online or a local office?

Thank you! ☺

elderluis

Nov 3, 2020
Look for a office in your country, it is ok to be honest., but If you don't understand the process it is easy to make mistakes. make sure to explain everything to your consulter, how you applied, your refuses, and how you make money and why you want to study in Canada.

also make sure that the advisor you will hire, includes a well written purpose letter to explain all the things to the agent who will check your application

MohamedElshami

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
Look for a office in your country, it is ok to be honest., but If you don't understand the process it is easy to make mistakes. make sure to explain everything to your consulter, how you applied, your refuses, and how you make money and why you want to study in Canada.

also make sure that the advisor you will hire, includes a well written purpose letter to explain all the things to the agent who will check your application
Thank you so much for all that valuable information. I will hire a local consulter and I will tell him pretty much everything.

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
Hello there,

I’ve been refused 4 times but let me explain why it’s 4 times, the first time I got the refusal didn’t know anything at all about how to process a visa application. So told my self it’s okay submit another application and everything will be fine so I did submit it the same day I got the refusal but I changed some stuff in the SOP then 2 weeks later I get the 2nd refusal. And the 4th is a replica of the same mistake of the 2nd. Then after that I got really depressed as I really wanted to study in Canada but it was really hard to get accepted for visa. So I heard about the GCMS notes. So I ordered them and I just got them today. They are 34 pages and in the end there is a note/comment from the officer who handled my application says: I have reviewed the application

And that was it he didn’t write anything more. Here is the thing for the first reason for the employment section I’m a freelancing since a young age. I’ve never worked for anyone all my work was investing and getting a return. For example bonds, stocks and foreign exchange. I work like that full time as they’re really time consuming.

Second reason in the refusal. Is finance. Which didn’t convince me as I’ve presented my documents showing that I’m able to study and paying for my expanses for the entire period without even working a part time job. So I really don’t know why I got this reason was on the refusal.

Visa officer is not convinced you will comply with immigration regulations. You are trying to use a study permit to move to Canada and not leave at the end of your temporary stay, therefore your permit is refused.

Your documents does not prove that you can support yourself while in Canada and you have no incentive to return home after your studies.

MohamedElshami

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
Visa officer is not convinced you will comply with immigration regulations. You are trying to use a study permit to move to Canada and not leave at the end of your temporary stay, therefore your permit is refused.
Thank you so much for your answer, but it’s was never my intention to live in Canada after finishing my studies. So how that system of prediction works and how to avoid it?

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
Hello there,

May I ask if your country of residence is your country of citizenship ? Reason being, this is a common rejection reason for people working in middle east as they somehow don't want to accept that you will return to your home country after studies. In your SOP you can also mention a detailed plan on how you wish to gain employment based on the study you will complete. It is important that your future employment is linked to your study and there needs to be evidence that the particular job is indeed in demand & in abundance.

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
Thank you so much for your answer, but it’s was never my intention to live in Canada after finishing my studies. So how that system of prediction works and how to avoid it?
Honestly, no way to tell. It is very subjective and not necessarily based on quantifiable facts. This is why it is important to provide a detailed SOP with a study plan as the documents you provide are open to interpretations based on ones understanding.

MohamedElshami

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
May I ask if your country of residence is your country of citizenship ? Reason being, this is a common rejection reason for people working in middle east as they somehow don't want to accept that you will return to your home country after studies. In your SOP you can also mention a detailed plan on how you wish to gain employment based on the study you will complete. It is important that your future employment is linked to your study and there needs to be evidence that the particular job is indeed in demand & in abundance.
Yes, I'm from the middle east specifically EGYP. and I've wrote a really good SOP but i think it's kinda race thing going with them. Not sure but i suspect

MohamedElshami

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
Is there any way that i can challenge the immigration officer decision in court? I mean i hire attorney in Canada to process my case

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Is there any way that i can challenge the immigration officer decision in court? I mean i hire attorney in Canada to process my case
Sure you can go for judicial review but it will cost a lot of money and take time. You need to hire a Canadian attorney like the one's who run this forum. The review looks at whether the officer made an error in following the rules, laws and regulations.

MohamedElshami

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
Sure you can go for judicial review but it will cost a lot of money and take time. You need to hire a Canadian attorney like the one's who run this forum. The review looks at whether the officer made an error in following the rules, laws and regulations.
Thank you! ☺ So much for taking the time to reply. Have some questions regarding my case and I wish you answer them.

What do you mean by a lot? You mean thousand or hundreds of dollars? Does the cost vary by individual? How long it usually takes for the whole process?

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
Thank you! ☺ So much for taking the time to reply. Have some questions regarding my case and I wish you answer them.

What do you mean by a lot? You mean thousand or hundreds of dollars? Does the cost vary by individual? How long it usually takes for the whole process?
Hundreds of dollars an hour.