+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

I’m unemployed should I give my Option C

faipas20

Mar 11, 2019
I’m currently unemployed. And I will sponsor my wife.

My question is about on checklist should I give my Option c even I select the choices 2

Employment/Source of incom

There’s a 2 choices:

1. If you are working in canada ( provide letter from current employer. And proof of income OPTION C

2. If you are not working in canada. ( provide documentation that you can support your self)

I chose number 2 because I’m unemployed. Should I still give my option c??

momo2018

Jan 8, 2018
I’m currently unemployed. And I will sponsor my wife.

My question is about on checklist should I give my Option c even I select the choices 2

Employment/Source of incom

There’s a 2 choices:

1. If you are working in canada ( provide letter from current employer. And proof of income OPTION C

2. If you are not working in canada. ( provide documentation that you can support your self)

I chose number 2 because I’m unemployed. Should I still give my option c??
You can send it. But the real issue will be to prove you can support the both of you. Many got rejected because of that. Unless you have lots of savings it will be a problem.
If you dont have savings you might want to get a job before applying

faipas20

Mar 11, 2019
You can send it. But the real issue will be to prove you can support the both of you. Many got rejected because of that. Unless you have lots of savings it will be a problem.
If you dont have savings you might want to get a job before applying
Thank you for your reply. I have savings. The question is how much do I need ?

momo2018

Jan 8, 2018
I dont think they have a number. but something realistic to support the both of you for 3 years minimum, Id say (and its just guessing) at least 100K.
Search the forum there were people who got rejected and might give you better idea.

Erigh04

Oct 22, 2018
I was approved to sponsor with only 17,000 in savings (I'm not working now), but my husband has a good job, so they may take that I to account as well. I only submitted my savings information, no Option c. Hope that helps!

faipas20

Mar 11, 2019
I was approved to sponsor with only 17,000 in savings (I'm not working now), but my husband has a good job, so they may take that I to account as well. I only submitted my savings information, no Option c. Hope that helps!

Thank you for your reply guys.My wife is unemployed too. Because she organized our wedding, and now she’s working on the requirements for immigration. I only have 10,000 I hope that’s enough. Now I’m currently living in my sister and I include the letter that Stating about living here for free. Do I need to notary the letter of my sister?

Erigh04

Oct 22, 2018
Thank you for your reply guys.My wife is unemployed too. Because she organized our wedding, and now she’s working on the requirements for immigration. I only have 10,000 I hope that’s enough. Now I’m currently living in my sister and I include the letter that Stating about living here for free. Do I need to notary the letter of my sister?
I think that should be enough. But you may want to include a statement on your future plans on how you will support yourself (10,000 is a good start, but not enough to live on for very long). We wrote a letter talking about our education, the types of employment we hope to get when we move back to Canada, and the support my parents will provide.

A statement from your sister may help too. But I don't think it needs to be notarized. But get her to sign it and provide contact information.

faipas20

Mar 11, 2019
I dont think they have a number. but something realistic to support the both of you for 3 years minimum, Id say (and its just guessing) at least 100K.
Search the forum there were people who got rejected and might give you better idea.

Thank you so much.

Sharukh khan

Jan 14, 2019
I received a letter asking for proof of income but my sponsor is not workibg right now and i didn’t receive my work permit.
We are staying with my sister and brother in law and i sent affidavits that they are supporting us financially.
Hope that works.
Waiting for reply

momo2018

Jan 8, 2018
I guess you applied inland?

Erigh04

Oct 22, 2018
Interesting so your husband will have to quit his job soon and move to canada, so hows his job relevant? haha cant understand how IRCC work
He is going to ask to be transferred to his company's office in Canada. So we are hoping his job is still relevant haha. And I've already started to apply for jobs as well.

momo2018

Jan 8, 2018
He is going to ask to be transferred to his company's office in Canada. So we are hoping his job is still relevant haha. And I've already started to apply for jobs as well.
Well there is no guideline so i guess its up to the officer. Anyway good luck!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Planning a wedding and working on an immigration app are not reasons to be unemployed.

You need to show IRCC that you can support yourselves without welfare.
With both of you unemployed, barely any savings and living with your sister, it is highly unlikely that IRCC will believe that you will be able support yourselves. I'd say you have a high chance of being requested for more documents or even being issued a Procedural Fairness letter.

Have either of you worked recently? Are either of you even looking for work?

Reactions: faipas20 and YVR123