+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hypothetical question: polygamy and immigration to Canada

jakklondon

Oct 17, 2021
And they do police it, although not extensively.
How do they police it? They enter a bedroom to count the wives in beds and who lays where?

The wives do have rights as well, and it often involves their permission.
That doesn't mean wives are "orgy police". They could all "conspire" to have fun.Then what?

Perhaps a move to Utah is in your future.....
Polygamy is illegal in Utah. And I have a habit not to break the law. I think when you break the law you give grounds to someone to prosecute you (Especially if you are politically independent and have free mind such as mine. Anyone with prosecutorial powers could find it a convenient excuse to put me away). Besides, I don't have to move to another state to have an "orgy". One could do it without having to marry any of the women, but it would be extremely complex affair to manage (as I pointed above), and prohibitively costly on top of it. So, I don't think I am moving anywhere anytime soon :)

Princes2020

Jan 1, 2020
Hi everyone,

I believe polygamy is outlawed in Canada. But there are some countries where you can have a lot of fun, legally. For instance, if you are a citizen of Pakistan or subject of Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, you are legally allowed to have up to four wives (that's a lot of night time fun until dawn, if you think about it, and totally legal).

Question is: if such person, who is legally married to four wives, decided to immigrate to Canada, could he gain legal PR status in Canada for himself?
And how would he fill out the immigration application? Would he have to divorce three wives before applying for PR status? Or, include only one wife as PR co-applicant and list three others, to be left behind?

Just curious.
Seems this post is intended to start a debate about a topic instead of finding an answer to a specific question. Not sure if admin monitors posts but this one is out of line.

Reactions: Major2710

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Seems this post is intended to start a debate about a topic instead of finding an answer to a specific question. Not sure if admin monitors posts but this one is out of line.
OP generally posts to start debate and drama. It's a pattern of behaviour.

Reactions: Buletruck

jakklondon

Oct 17, 2021
I wonder, if my post was about LGBT rights and rights of LGBT immigrants to apply for PR and sponsor their spouses, would there be a backlash, accusations of "pervert fantasies" and demand for moderators to delete it?
As someone who believes in individual freedoms, I am absolutely neutral and couldn't care less what consenting adults do in their beds.
But I find it hypocritical, how people who pride themselves of being "tolerant", "multiculturalist" and accepting of "alternative lifestyles" get all riled up and express strong, selective "moral indignation" as soon as a subject of polygamy is brought up. All of a sudden highly moral senses are offended and the censorship shall be enforced.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
One might say jakkasshattery.
I honestly can't be bothered with it.

OP posts to create drama. Others respond to that drama and create more drama. OP responds with more drama. Repeat ad infinitum.

The whole thing is juvenile and boring.

jakklondon

Oct 17, 2021
I honestly can't be bothered with it.

OP posts to create drama. Others respond to that drama and create more drama. OP responds with more drama. Repeat ad infinitum.

The whole thing is juvenile and boring.
There is a nice option on this forum: just add the member whose posts are boring or overly dramatic to your ignore list. I added trolls and provocateurs to my ignore list and refused to engage them directly ever since. You can add just anyone you wish.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If a man lawfully wed to four women decided to have what you define as an "orgy", what would have stopped him? Do you have surveillance camera in every bedroom of those men to assert that such an "orgy" can't or doesn't happen? I put "orgy" in quotation marks, because I consider it just a fun, which is also lawfully sanctioned in those countries.
That would really be considered polyamory if we need to get technical. We object to your inaccurate information.

jakklondon

Oct 17, 2021
That would really be considered polyamory if we need to get technical.
Poster above didn't get into technical argument, but insisted that certain act can't or doesn't take place at all in countries where polygamy is legal.

We object to your inaccurate information.
I asked questions out of curiosity. Where did you see inaccurate information?

Last edited:

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
Hi everyone,

I believe polygamy is outlawed in Canada. But there are some countries where you can have a lot of fun, legally. For instance, if you are a citizen of Pakistan or subject of Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, you are legally allowed to have up to four wives (that's a lot of night time fun until dawn, if you think about it, and totally legal)
Who wants four wife's in the first place? $$$$$$

• Haha
Reactions: jakklondon

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
Hi everyone,

I believe polygamy is outlawed in Canada. But there are some countries where you can have a lot of fun, legally. For instance, if you are a citizen of Pakistan or subject of Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, you are legally allowed to have up to four wives (that's a lot of night time fun until dawn, if you think about it, and totally legal).

Question is: if such person, who is legally married to four wives, decided to immigrate to Canada, could he gain legal PR status in Canada for himself?
And how would he fill out the immigration application? Would he have to divorce three wives before applying for PR status? Or, include only one wife as PR co-applicant and list three others, to be left behind?

Just curious.
polygamy is illegal in Canada, it even has very difficult and hard conditions and criteria according to Islamic law to be very just and fair for women and we must not take countries which claim to be muslim as an example, these countries don't really practice religion but rather misogynistic and patriarchal laws of society.
however, in Canada, you can be in a relationship with 100 persons if you want, but not within the framework of marriage.... difficult to understand their logic....

Last edited: