+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hypothetical - Inland after living abroad

Edmegbc

Star Member
Oct 11, 2023
Hi all

A question that may have come up but I did a search and could not find anything.
We currently have an outland app in - I am Canadian sponsor living in the Uk with my British Husband.
Our application was returned and resubmitted last week as they have asked for us to provide all documentation as tho my husbands 22 year old daughter is a dependent (although inline with IRCC policy she is not)
We are hoping that this time it is looked at in more detail and IRCC realises they made an error with the first submission and we get our AOR roughly end Jan/early Feb.
On the off chance this happens AGAIN - we are on a hard deadline of end of May to leave the UK - we have flights booked, shipping arranged and both our jobs know we are leaving.
If we get our app returned again, then we go back to BC and then file Inland (considering my stepdaughter will then be 23 and I would HOPE someone doesn't make the same error again) how would I as a sponsor fill out the Employment/Support requirements - considering I haven't had a T4 in 19 years and my NOA are all filed as a non resident - would I use my savings and my UK employment evidence even tho we are no longer living there? I appreciate there are no financial 'rules' however I am trying to prepare for worst case scenerio here if IRCC duplicates the error. I suppose we could try fora a third time outland before we leave in May - but we would've have AOR by then. Or would this be a nod to the old outland while living inland applications (do not seem to see those often) I guess as a returning resident this is more about sponsorship rather than the PA?

I know its all hypothetical at the minute - no one can say what IRCC will do with the resubmitted app this time, but just want to understand how another error could affect us especially with me not residing in Canada up until the application date roughly, if we applied inland?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi all

A question that may have come up but I did a search and could not find anything.
We currently have an outland app in - I am Canadian sponsor living in the Uk with my British Husband.
Our application was returned and resubmitted last week as they have asked for us to provide all documentation as tho my husbands 22 year old daughter is a dependent (although inline with IRCC policy she is not)
We are hoping that this time it is looked at in more detail and IRCC realises they made an error with the first submission and we get our AOR roughly end Jan/early Feb.
On the off chance this happens AGAIN - we are on a hard deadline of end of May to leave the UK - we have flights booked, shipping arranged and both our jobs know we are leaving.
If we get our app returned again, then we go back to BC and then file Inland (considering my stepdaughter will then be 23 and I would HOPE someone doesn't make the same error again) how would I as a sponsor fill out the Employment/Support requirements - considering I haven't had a T4 in 19 years and my NOA are all filed as a non resident - would I use my savings and my UK employment evidence even tho we are no longer living there? I appreciate there are no financial 'rules' however I am trying to prepare for worst case scenerio here if IRCC duplicates the error. I suppose we could try fora a third time outland before we leave in May - but we would've have AOR by then. Or would this be a nod to the old outland while living inland applications (do not seem to see those often) I guess as a returning resident this is more about sponsorship rather than the PA?

I know its all hypothetical at the minute - no one can say what IRCC will do with the resubmitted app this time, but just want to understand how another error could affect us especially with me not residing in Canada up until the application date roughly, if we applied inland?
Savings.