+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Husband Visitor Visa

iixxxor

Feb 11, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Hi there. I'm a permanent resident here in Edmonton. My boyfriend and I are planning to get married in the Philippines this year. After we got married, I want him to go here with me. I was wondering, which way is better. To apply for visitor visa first then apply for inland spousal sponsorship or apply for outland spousal sponsorship then while waiting, apply for visitor visa? Hope you understand my question. Thank you for answering.

iixxxor

Feb 11, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Both cases are possible but be prepared to get refusal (on visitor visa).
Ah yes, I know the chance on getting a visitor visa is low. When we applied before, we told the immigration that he is my boyfriend and we were having a baby and got rejected. However, if we're already married and he apply again, is it still high to get a refusal?

Thanks for answering my first question :)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Ah yes, I know the chance on getting a visitor visa is low. When we applied before, we told the immigration that he is my boyfriend and we were having a baby and got rejected. However, if we're already married and he apply again, is it still high to get a refusal?

Thanks for answering my first question :)
Won't make a difference if you are married or is your boyfriend. Has his situation changed? If not expect the same result.

iixxxor

Feb 11, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Won't make a difference if you are married or is your boyfriend. Has his situation changed? If not expect the same result.
I understand. Well the only changes in his situation is that he got a better job with higher salary than his previous one. I'm not sure if that helps though but we will still try.

Thanks for all the answers by the way.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I understand. Well the only changes in his situation is that he got a better job with higher salary than his previous one. I'm not sure if that helps though but we will still try.

Thanks for all the answers by the way.
Might help a bit but realistically given that he also has a child in Canada his ties to Canada will always be stronger than to the Philippines.