+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

husband is going to visit me while he awaits PR - will this make a good....

Mrs.Purcy

Star Member
Apr 18, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-14
Med's Done....
01-24-14
Impression on CIC? Obviously we aren't doing it just to get approved by them but, we can't be away from each other for 6+ months! That's just crazy! So, while I'm in Canada waiting for him in Ireland, he is going to visit me. So far we talked about him coming to see me and spend time with me and my family in October for a week. No additional plans yet, but we just bought a plane ticket for October. I'm excited and even though going back without him will be so hard, at least I get to look forward to seeing him in October?

I don't know the current wait times for LONDON VO in Europe, maybe the processing time has gotten longer but we can't wait that long :(

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
whether he visits you or not has no bearing on an outland application. I'm sure if he's denied entry for some strange reason, it will delay the application, but it's not going to cancel it. it's certainly not going to "make a good impression on cic". Most likley CIC wouldn't even know he's visiting you, since it's CBSA that controls entry, and if he's visa exempt, he will not need to apply for a visa from CIC. I'm not sure how often CIC and CBSA talk to eachother.

for most visa exempt applicants, it's possible to remain in canada as a VISITOR for the duration of the entire process by applying for an extension of the visit. Visitors can't work for a canadian company (remotely for a non-canadian company is ok), or study in a program that is more than 6 mo.

For visa exempt visitors, how long they can visit is up to the border agent they encounter. The best way to get a long term stay is to be able to show significant ties to the applicant's home country. The best forms are a lease/mortgage/deed and paystubs/work contract.

Generally, a visitor (both non visa exempt and visa exempt) can appy to extend their stay for 6 mo or 1 year to be able to stay for the application process. It's recommended to apply for the extension at least 30 days prior to the end of the visit. Since your husband is only planning on coming for 1 week, i'm not sure how easy it would be to get an extension.

to see what the current processing time is for London, my suggestion is to do some homework, and check out the London visa thread to see if there is a spreadsheet tracking progress. otherwise, go month by month and check the spreadsheets for london applicants. it is my guess the wait time is either 6-8 months or 8-10 months. So that means to check threads from August 2013- November 2013 to see how many london applicants have received COPR and landed.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
If the visa officer has some suspicions about your relationship, then any visits will make a good impression. Since he is from Ireland, though, the visa officer is unlikely to be suspicious. Still, keep proof of the visit, and if he gets called for an interview, he should bring the evidence with him.