+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Humber or Seneca????

luckygurl

Star Member
Dec 1, 2012
Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys, I want your suggestions/opinions regarding these 2 colleges in toronto..which is better Humber college or Seneca? I'm planning to apply for Practical Nursing for Fall intake. And is it true that Humber conducts any kind of Pre Admission Exam before they accept your admission? Coz it was told to me by my former consultant so I was discouraged to apply at Humber. But now I wanna apply online myself. Thanks in advance.

bilal482

May 18, 2012
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 April 2012
Med's Request
16 August 2012
Med's Done....
22 August 2012
Passport Req..
28 August 2012
VISA ISSUED...
12 September 2012
LANDED..........
26 September 2012
1.Humber, Seneca and George Brown have same worth. No difference.
2. No, its not true they don't conduct any pre admission tests, if ur ielts score and other academic education good. If humber conducts then seneca and george brown conducts too, because these r all public college and have same admission requirements. But don't worry as I mentioned they don't conduct.

Sherry G

Star Member
Dec 24, 2012
Moncton, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
chc abu dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2012
Doc's Request.
12-1-2013
IELTS Request
submited with application
File Transfer...
29-11-2012
Med's Request
waived
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
submited with application
VISA ISSUED...
14-1-2013
LANDED..........
22-1-2013
Centennial

1bal

Nov 9, 2012
Punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
7 bands
File Transfer...
29-11-2012
Med's Done....
5-11-2012
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
10-12-2012
LANDED..........
01-01-2013
luckygurl said:
Hi guys, I want your suggestions/opinions regarding these 2 colleges in toronto..which is better Humber college or Seneca?
- According to me humber is better :)

I'm planning to apply for Practical Nursing for Fall intake. And is it true that Humber conducts any kind of Pre Admission Exam before they accept your admission? Coz it was told to me by my former consultant so I was discouraged to apply at Humber. But now I wanna apply online myself. Thanks in advance.

- Yes they take pre admission mathematics and english writing test to see your proficiency. (Only from those students who have not studied mathemetics in senior secondary or higher classes - in case of mathematcs test) If your IELTS score is less than requested, then you have to take an English test also They accepted me just by seeing my diploma maths score.

luckygurl

Star Member
Dec 1, 2012
Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys thanks for all your replies. Actually I have BS in Nursing already, I hope they would not require me to take that pre admission test and I met their IELTS score. But if ever they conduct such test how can I arrange that because of distance? Thanks again.

bilal482

May 18, 2012
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 April 2012
Med's Request
16 August 2012
Med's Done....
22 August 2012
Passport Req..
28 August 2012
VISA ISSUED...
12 September 2012
LANDED..........
26 September 2012
luckygurl said:
Hey guys thanks for all your replies. Actually I have BS in Nursing already, I hope they would not require me to take that pre admission test and I met their IELTS score. But if ever they conduct such test how can I arrange that because of distance? Thanks again.
I told u they would not take pre admission tests if ur ielts and previous education is good. They take pre admission english test of those students who don't have ielts or low score and pre admission math test of those students who did not attend high school. So don't worry. U can also check on seneca, humber or george brown websites. I m on my cell phone that's why I can't give u link. These r all colleges mentioned on their websites about pre admission tests. They will not take ur pre admission tests bcz u have bs nursing and as u mentioned u met with their ielts score requirement so don't worry and apply in any college. I like Seneca.

luckygurl

Star Member
Dec 1, 2012
Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bilal482 said:
I told u they would not take pre admission tests if ur ielts and previous education is good. They take pre admission english test of those students who don't have ielts or low score and pre admission math test of those students who did not attend high school. So don't worry. U can also check on seneca, humber or george brown websites. I m on my cell phone that's why I can't give u link. These r all colleges mentioned on their websites about pre admission tests. They will not take ur pre admission tests bcz u have bs nursing and as u mentioned u met with their ielts score requirement so don't worry and apply in any college. I like Seneca.
Thank u bilal482!!! Are u student of Seneca?

bilal482

May 18, 2012
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 April 2012
Med's Request
16 August 2012
Med's Done....
22 August 2012
Passport Req..
28 August 2012
VISA ISSUED...
12 September 2012
LANDED..........
26 September 2012
luckygurl said:
Nope. George brown. But seneca is good because seneca has more then 70 mutual agreements with universites throughout the world including countries such as australia, usa, uk, south africa. No other college has any this type agreement. Seneca newnham campus is the largest campus in colleges of canada. For me its really nice and outstanding campus.

1bal

Nov 9, 2012
Punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
7 bands
File Transfer...
29-11-2012
Med's Done....
5-11-2012
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
10-12-2012
LANDED..........
01-01-2013
luckygurl said:
They will surely take test in each case after admission, but that's called placement test, just to check your english and maths(arithmatic and algebra) skills. If they found you poor you have to take ESL or maths basic courses. Extra course means Extra money!!!

bilal482

May 18, 2012
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 April 2012
Med's Request
16 August 2012
Med's Done....
22 August 2012
Passport Req..
28 August 2012
VISA ISSUED...
12 September 2012
LANDED..........
26 September 2012
luckygurl said:
Open given below links and read it.

http://assessment.georgebrown.ca/admi_pre.html#1

http://www.senecacollege.ca/fulltime/stuserv/adpol-07.html

luckygurl

Star Member
Dec 1, 2012
Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bilal482 said:
Open given below links and read it.

http://assessment.georgebrown.ca/admi_pre.html#1

http://www.senecacollege.ca/fulltime/stuserv/adpol-07.html
Thanks so much for the link!!!!! I really appreciate.

shravan7

Feb 24, 2013
hello,
myself shravan bhoite. i am a third year bachelors student from india. i am pursuing a three year integrated bachelors degree in Accounting and Finance that is B.Com(A&F) from Mumbai University India. i will be graduating in May 2013. i want to come to canada to pursue my further studies. according to you which courses will be the best suitable for me, which will in future help me to get a work permit after the completion of my course and will have good employment and job prospects.
which college should i prefer the most for business and finacial studies.
humber, george brown, seneca or sheridan

Raman_saini

Sep 19, 2020
Hey guys i want to apply for Supply Chain Management but I'm confused between humber centennial and seneca. Can you have any idea which college is best in for me

Mamus1

May 7, 2020
For Humber college you will have to write a pre-admission test for practical nursing, once you u pass the exam you will be given the admission. I wrote when I applied for practice nursing Humber collage.