+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Humber college

melecia

Star Member
Mar 23, 2016
i am very disappointed the way Humber college treats international student by deregistering students who ask for a payment plan with specific dates, but was 2 days late on the payment but the final payment plan would have been March 15, my thoughts is that you had until that time to pay and after that you would be deregistered but that is not the case and on top of that to reinstate you do not get back your credits or grades . And if you do not pay the final payment they take all that money you pay before and you have to pay the balance you owe and you have to do over that semester paying again. I think this college I don’t know about any other college in canada is a money making business especially when it comes on to international students. This is a lesson for new students going to Humber college

SanjayMystic

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
i am very disappointed the way Humber college treats international student by deregistering students who ask for a payment plan with specific dates, but was 2 days late on the payment but the final payment plan would have been March 15, my thoughts is that you had until that time to pay and after that you would be deregistered but that is not the case and on top of that to reinstate you do not get back your credits or grades . And if you do not pay the final payment they take all that money you pay before and you have to pay the balance you owe and you have to do over that semester paying again. I think this college I don’t know about any other college in canada is a money making business especially when it comes on to international students. This is a lesson for new students going to Humber college
You mean that if first semester fee is not paid within due date....the amount paid before is cancelled and first semester should be repeated right ?

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
You mean that if first semester fee is not paid within due date....the amount paid before is cancelled and first semester should be repeated right ?
Atleast for me my payment dates are July 15 2019 for the first semester and January 15 2020 for the second semester.

It sounds like this student was unable to pay the second semester and asked for the payment to be split with the final payment happening on March 15.

It looks like the student paid two days late when they clearly state that payments must be done before the due date.

Secondly if you have an overdue balance you will not be allowed to get a transcript and grades from the college.

Also you will only receive a refund once you have cleared your dues and withdraw from your course.

I am not fully able to understand what has happened but if you make your payments on time then you won't have an issue.

Considering you are making the first semester payment from abroad do ensure that you pay well in advance of the due date.

Also this isn't an endorsement or défense of Humber College. All colleges and Universities see us as nice fat cash cows. This is just my opinion from what I could understand.

melecia

Star Member
Mar 23, 2016
Atleast for me my payment dates are July 15 2019 for the first semester and January 15 2020 for the second semester.

It sounds like this student was unable to pay the second semester and asked for the payment to be split with the final payment happening on March 15.

It looks like the student paid two days late when they clearly state that payments must be done before the due date.

Secondly if you have an overdue balance you will not be allowed to get a transcript and grades from the college.

Also you will only receive a refund once you have cleared your dues and withdraw from your course.

I am not fully able to understand what has happened but if you make your payments on time then you won't have an issue.

Considering you are making the first semester payment from abroad do ensure that you pay well in advance of the due date.

Also this isn't an endorsement or défense of Humber College. All colleges and Universities see us as nice fat cash cows. This is just my opinion from what I could understand.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
All colleges are cash making machines here don't be fooled, Humber at least seems to be OK on the Admin side if you just follow their script, once you go off script the problems start.

Feb 11, 2018
I'm planning to payy fees to humbHu but program reviews are really bad , as everyone is saying global business management is a badib course u won't end up getting job here ....
I'm confused I should pay my fee or not .
All colleges are cash making machines here don't be fooled, Humber at least seems to be OK on the Admin side if you just follow their script, once you go off script the problems start.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
I'm planning to payy fees to humbHu but program reviews are really bad , as everyone is saying global business management is a badib course u won't end up getting job here ....
You will get bad reviews for every college and University. To be honest a Global Business management or International business management are just to attract people who want a 3 year PGWP, other than that it's of no use, regardless of where you take it.

Canada is not like India where with the right college/University you will get a placement. Unless you are in the top Universities, you will have to work on your own for a job. So, if you want a guaranteed job after your program then my advice would be to join those top-notch Universities. Otherwise regardless of what program you take, you will need to work on your own. You need connections and references from your professors.

Reactions: Raghav Vermani

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
That's probably correct but wont be much better at any other college even the technical programs at Humber are pretty unconvincing from what I have seen so far, at least for technical programs it is easier to build a portfolio on the side.

Feb 11, 2018
That's probably correct but wont be much better at any other college even the technical programs at Humber are pretty unconvincing from what I have seen so far, at least for technical programs it is easier to build a portfolio on the side.
So what should I do , I'm interested in marketing and sales ... , I'm really confused that should I do global business management or not . Please help me

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
So what should I do , I'm interested in marketing and sales ... , I'm really confused that should I do global business management or not . Please help me
Personally speaking I found GBM just to be basic business studies for the first year, and then you are doing the same program as the people doing 1 year courses of Marketing management, HR managment etc.

I personally avoided GBM because the class would be more of people who want a 3 year PGWP. There's no guarantee that Marketing management would be any less so, but I felt that a lot of people doing GBM for immigration purposes. Again the same can be said for most colleges, and some universities as well.

It's your choice, if you think the course can help you out then go for it. Otherwise you will need to rethink your plans. I didn't bother to see the reviews because reviews are mostly left by people who had either a very positive experience or a very negative experience. Generally reviews tend to be biased towards the negative.

I judged the programs of almost all the colleges in Ontario and Ottawa and shortened it down to Seneca, Sheridan and Humber. I applied to Sheridan and Humber since the courses were better, they both had equal amount of pros and cons. The only advantage of Sheridan was that I could see who the professors were and all their ratings were good, but again that's a subjective thing.

So, in short it's better to see which program you like. All colleges and Universities will have problems, all will have bad admin. Just go for what program is better and what you personally like.

Reactions: Raghav Vermani

randybonns

Jul 5, 2019
pimionstudent said:
Conestoga College, Sheridan or Humber? Sheridan is one of the most prestigious universities for studying project management, as far as I know. I'm considering CICE Program at Humber College and need to buy personal statement templates before applying. Some forum users recommended Welland High, but it's quite a dull place, as they say. But there are so many negative comments about Humber...
MBA Sheridan is almost twice the cost of all the other MBA university courses in Canada. Have you considered John Molson School of Business? Conestoga is a rather decent place for an international student.