+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Humber College VS. University of Saskatchewan. (Business Program)

yellowbellow

Star Member
Nov 6, 2013
Which University is better in terms of the Business program, city, job, etc?

Edwards school of business in Saskatoon for the Bachelors in Business Administration - Accounting

or Bachelors of Commerce-Accounting in Humber College.

Which degree will help me with a job, PR, and better overall. Take city into consideration also.(not weather, i know how cruel Saskatchewan weather is).

Please let me know which one you would choose and share any experience you have.

Thank you SO much.

aman6699

Star Member
Mar 2, 2014
Buddy, job opportunities are much better in Toronto than in saskatoon. In saskatoon there is a scarcity of jobs. Only plus point in studying from saskatoon is that you will get a university degree.

yellowbellow

Star Member
Nov 6, 2013
Do you recommend that I go after a University degree and look for jobs in Toronto rather than Saskatoon. Do you think that will be easier or is there a rule that if you study from one province, you can only work there?

aman6699

Star Member
Mar 2, 2014
post study work permit is issued by cic and not by province which states that you can work for that duration in any province of Canada. Though, one very important concern is this that some provinces have special pnp programs for the students who studied and work in the same province. For example, Alberta had special category of students who studied from any institute in Alberta and have a valid job offer . They do not even need to show work experience for pnp.
Well, i can not recommend you anything specific because rules can change anytime and its your personal choice. If I was in ur place and have to decide between these 2 choices, i would go to humber. Saskatcwen rules are no more easy and jobs are very less,living standard is low too.

Hope this helps :)

yellowbellow

Star Member
Nov 6, 2013
aman6699 said:
post study work permit is issued by cic and not by province which states that you can work for that duration in any province of Canada. Though, one very important concern is this that some provinces have special pnp programs for the students who studied and work in the same province. For example, Alberta had special category of students who studied from any institute in Alberta and have a valid job offer . They do not even need to show work experience for pnp.
Well, i can not recommend you anything specific because rules can change anytime and its your personal choice. If I was in ur place and have to decide between these 2 choices, i would go to humber. Saskatcwen rules are no more easy and jobs are very less,living standard is low too.

Hope this helps :)
What is PNP? do you know the link of which schools are listed for PGWP?

yellowbellow

Star Member
Nov 6, 2013
On monday, will be my 15th day of the embassy in Islamabad asking for my updated LOA.

I am seriously considering Humber college now. Uni of Sask is up to my nose. There recruitment and admissions people are SO stupid. They have sent me my acceptance letter for the wrong term, TWICE! and for the third time, they refuse to mail it to me. They're emailing it instead. Will that be an issue at the BORDER? I haven't received my visa yet but when I was studying in the US, it was an issue not having the original one in my hand, but a printed one.

Anyway, this is the Humber program I Want to apply to: http://www.humber.ca/program/bachelor-commerce-accounting

And this is the program in Saskatoon, university of Saskatchewan: http://www.edwards.usask.ca/programs/undergrad/Major%20Specializations/Accounting/index.aspx

Applying to Canada is way harder than I assumed. Harder than USA I must say. What are your guys opinions, should I go to Humber or Sask?

HARDYBOYZ_IN

Feb 28, 2014
well i m planning to apply for the same course - may be business marketing.
Can u brief me about the duration & fee for both humber & saska

usman_14pk

Champion Member
Jan 29, 2013
yellowbellow said:
Which University is better in terms of the Business program, city, job, etc?

Edwards school of business in Saskatoon for the Bachelors in Business Administration - Accounting

or Bachelors of Commerce-Accounting in Humber College.

Which degree will help me with a job, PR, and better overall. Take city into consideration also.(not weather, i know how cruel Saskatchewan weather is).

Please let me know which one you would choose and share any experience you have.

Thank you SO much.
For sure 'Uni of Saskatchewan'!
"Degree program from a university has always been more worthy" !!!

After the completion of your studies, you will get PGWP. PGWP is not restricted to any province. So you will be able to work any where in Canada after completing your studies from UoSask. So later, after completing your studies, you can decide that now where should I work, where are more job opportunities, where are easy PR chances, etc....

All these are post-graduate thoughts. For now, go ahead with UoSask.

HARDYBOYZ_IN

Feb 28, 2014
cn u pls tell me the scheduled duration & fee for both the courses ;) n opportunities for part time jobs in saska (as i learned its difficult there)

yellowbellow

Star Member
Nov 6, 2013
usman_14pk said:
For sure 'Uni of Saskatchewan'!
"Degree program from a university has always been more worthy" !!!

After the completion of your studies, you will get PGWP. PGWP is not restricted to any province. So you will be able to work any where in Canada after completing your studies from UoSask. So later, after completing your studies, you can decide that now where should I work, where are more job opportunities, where are easy PR chances, etc....

All these are post-graduate thoughts. For now, go ahead with UoSask.

I agree with that. Do I need to have a job in the related field or can it be anything?