+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Humber College or Cambrian at Hanson

minakshi_14

Jul 15, 2020
Which program should I select?
I have offer from two colleges in Toronto:
'Cambrian at Hanson' - 2 year Graduate certificate in Mobile Application Development program, Jan 2021 intake and
'Humber college-North Campus' - 3 years College Advanced diploma in Graphic design, September 2020 intake

I have done Masters in Computer Application form India and have 5+ years of work experience. My main purpose to continue study in Canada is to get 3 years PGWP work permit after my course and finally get PR. I am also considering the placement option and the course fees before making payment. Is it worth to pay this much fees to Humber college?

Total course fees at Hanson College is $19,302.00 and Humber college fees is $8,710.00/semester (Total $52,260 for 6 semesters)

Please help me to make final decision by giving your suggestions.

Thanks!

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
If you already have a master's, you will need to explain why getting a diploma or certificate in Canada will improve your job prospects in your home country. They are wary of people trying to study some random course just to get a PGWP and PR.

As for money, only you can decide if you want to pay that much. Be prepared to show you have enough funds to cover tuition and living expenses. Ultimately you're free to decide based on location, amenities, reviews, programs or co-op placements offered, etc., all of which can easily be found online.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would pick Humber although the program content seems better at Cambrian. Neither of the degrees make sense based on your previous education. I'm surpriswd thwre is such a discrepancy between the 2 programs.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Hanson itself is a private college but Cambrian is public so you need to make sure you will be elligable for PGWP after this course. I would say there are more similar courses you can look into at Humber instead of doing a degree, look at post grad courses. Hanson as a private career college would not have a good reputation but if your goal is only PGWP then its doesnt matter I guess.

Bucher

Jul 9, 2020
Which program should I select?
I have offer from two colleges in Toronto:
'Cambrian at Hanson' - 2 year Graduate certificate in Mobile Application Development program, Jan 2021 intake and
'Humber college-North Campus' - 3 years College Advanced diploma in Graphic design, September 2020 intake

I have done Masters in Computer Application form India and have 5+ years of work experience. My main purpose to continue study in Canada is to get 3 years PGWP work permit after my course and finally get PR. I am also considering the placement option and the course fees before making payment. Is it worth to pay this much fees to Humber college?

Total course fees at Hanson College is $19,302.00 and Humber college fees is $8,710.00/semester (Total $52,260 for 6 semesters)

Please help me to make final decision by giving your suggestions.

Thanks!
Even i got offer for same course from Hanson