+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Humanitarian PR pathway

jekapatrim

Apr 5, 2014
Good chance that Canada is trying to delay this announcement until the end of 2023 to keep their promise to the US but given the current refugee crisis in Canada and the potential of imminent evacuations doubt they want to actually process the applications until 2024.
Thank you! So perhaps we will hear about it by mid November or beginning of December?
Hopefully soon!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you! So perhaps we will hear about it by mid November or beginning of December?
Hopefully soon!
As indicated the program was part of the negotiation to close Roxham road and address the loophole in the safe third country agreement. I would assume that Canada will keep their word and announce the details of the program in 2023 ( my guess is December but that is purely a guess and not based on any information) but is likely not in a rush to process these applications asap given multiple crisis in the world and a huge refugee issue at home where people are arriving by plane with very limited funds and no family to stay with. It appears that one of the requirements of the new program will be that housing will be provided.

Reactions: jekapatrim

jekapatrim

Apr 5, 2014
The program is opened now!
I’m trying to fill out the Statutory Declaration for Anchor and it says that it has to be signed digitally. However, when I try to sign it, it doesn’t let me know. We are not allowed to print and scan. Any suggestions? Thanks!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The program is opened now!
I’m trying to fill out the Statutory Declaration for Anchor and it says that it has to be signed digitally. However, when I try to sign it, it doesn’t let me know. We are not allowed to print and scan. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Looks like a lot of the focus is on the ability to work or be financially self-sufficient so it will be interesting to see how grandparents are treated especially if above 65.

daviddock

Star Member
Jul 23, 2012
Category........
Anyone already received an AOR? I received yesterday a letter from immigration with this. Updates anyone?

Dec 28, 2023
For those who were out of the program because the province of Quebec decided to not participate in the humanitarian program for colombians, venezuelians and haitians, we're gathering firms to claim consideration at both provincial and federal levels. ONLY permanent residents and Canadian Citizens can sign:

Provincial: https://www.assnat.qc.ca/fr/exprimez-votre-opinion/petition/Petition-10581/index.html

Federal: https://www.ourcommons.ca/petitions/en/Petition/Details?Petition=e-4704

Please spread the word so we get as many signatures as possible. Again, ONLY permanent residents and Canadian Citizens can sign.