+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Humanitarian grounds

Nimal Shah

Jan 19, 2022
Hi,
I have a question about my parents immigration file. I have submitted a file based of humanitarian grounds.
Now their visitor visa is about to expire, I would like to know that if their status would be considered as 'implied' & they can continue staying in Canada.
Can you please help me find the answer?
Thank you so much.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,
I have a question about my parents immigration file. I have submitted a file based of humanitarian grounds.
Now their visitor visa is about to expire, I would like to know that if their status would be considered as 'implied' & they can continue staying in Canada.
Thank you so much.
No, they will not have implied status. They will fall out of status in Canada once their visitor visa expires.

They can remain in Canada while they wait for the outcomes of their H&C application. However their status in Canada during this time will be out of status.

You can try applying to extend their visitor status before the visitor visa expires. There's a good chance IRCC will refuse this extension if they have an H&C application in progress. But you can certainly try.

Reactions: YVR123

Nimal Shah

Jan 19, 2022
Hi Scylla,
From your answer, can you please confirm "They can remain in Canada while they wait for the outcomes of their H&C application."

All I would love to know if they can stay with us till the result of our application. & That stay will not be considered illegal.
Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Scylla,
From your answer, can you please confirm "They can remain in Canada while they wait for the outcomes of their H&C application."

All I would love to know if they can stay with us till the result of our application. & That stay will not be considered illegal.
Thanks.
Their stay in Canada will still be illegal. They will be out of status in Canada.

They can remain in Canada without status / illegally and wait for the H&C application processing to complete. There is some small chance (very very low) that CBSA could move to deport them. However the fact you have an H&C application in progress should stop this from happening if CBSA does in fact decide to try this.

misstchopra23

Star Member
Feb 18, 2018
New Delhi, India
Hi,
Thank you so much.

Hi... did you apply on your own or with the help of a lawyer?

nishomkh

Apr 17, 2022
Hi Nimal, i am planning to apply under H&C grounds for my mother as well. would really appreciate if you could share your experience, how you went about it and if there has been any outcome for your case.

Thanks!