+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Humanitarian & Compassionate

Maziar97

Oct 24, 2018
Hello,
I am in a travel and now I am in Canada, We met a lawyer to see if I am eligible to apply for H & C (for Canada PRC) and he said I can and because of my Medical conditions (Physical & Psychological) I am eligible to apply for H & C.
And he said if my application processing begins I can't exit Canada (for example for medical purposes).
Since I need special care my question is: (1) Can I apply outside of Canada, and if no (2) do I receive free or low cost medical services or have Ohip insurance while waiting for my application approval when I am in Canada?
My other question is related to time after H & C approval (3) Is there any Financial supportive helps that I can receive after my approval, in terms of Free Residency (a Home), and specially Financial help(Receiving money from the government) or should all my financial cases be provided by my sponsor or another source?

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
Hello,
I am in a travel and now I am in Canada, We met a lawyer to see if I am eligible to apply for H & C (for Canada PRC) and he said I can and because of my Medical conditions (Physical & Psychological) I am eligible to apply for H & C.
And he said if my application processing begins I can't exit Canada (for example for medical purposes).
Since I need special care my question is: (1) Can I apply outside of Canada, and if no (2) do I receive free or low cost medical services or have Ohip insurance while waiting for my application approval when I am in Canada?
My other question is related to time after H & C approval (3) Is there any Financial supportive helps that I can receive after my approval, in terms of Free Residency (a Home), and specially Financial help(Receiving money from the government) or should all my financial cases be provided by my sponsor or another source?

You get a refugee health card

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Hello,
I’m sure experienced members will comment but I’m not sure your lawyer is right. How long have you been living in Canada? Since you mentioned that you may need to be away to get medical care, this means you can afford and are being taken care of outside Canada, yes? If so, not sure how you would qualify for H&C. Also, what do you mean by sponsor? Are you a refugee claimant sponsored privately? If yes, your sponsor is responsible for all costs.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,
1) No.
2) You will qualify for health care coverage once you have first stage approval. First stage approval takes 8+ months to complete from the time you submit your application. Until then, you will be responsible for paying for the costs of your care out of pocket.
3) After approval you may be eligible for some financial assistance - although financial assistance is always minimal. Housing is not provided.

Reactions: jddd

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You get a refugee health card
OP is talking about applying under H&C. H&C cases do not qualify for health care coverage until after first stage approval.

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
Hello,
While there isn't very much actual information in your post, you do invite this response - you are seeking free housing, health care and some spending money. In return you offer a very likely medical inadmissibility.., and from your post you offer absolutely nothing else.

Whether you succeed or fail cannot be predicted but you should know that the Federal government doesn't drop people onto Provincial health care without consideration of the expense. Health care is never "free."

There is some notion that if you're ill, and in Canada, you get to stay - don't get too comfortable with that idea.

Reactions: jddd

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
OP is talking about applying under H&C. H&C cases do not qualify for health care coverage until after first stage approval.

ok

Maziar97

Oct 24, 2018
Thanks for all of replies, Based on these responses it is risky to stay so I have to think about it carefully.