+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Humanitarian & Compassionate background for parents

Jpat

Jun 7, 2018
My aging parents are flying in & out of the country since 4 years now. I tried to sponsor them through the family sponsorship class, but unfortunately they never got selected on the draw!
Me & my brother are both PR who settled in Canada and there are no other siblings to take care of my parents once they go back to my home country. Can I apply application for PR under humanitarian & compassionate care background for them??
They really need to depend on us as they are aging, illiterate and diabetic as don’t have anyone else to support them.
Please advise!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If they have only been coming to Canada for 4 years you must have only qualified for PGP for a year or two. Given they are both still alive and can take care of each other the chances of H&C are pretty low. If both you and your brother moved abroad you had to plan for this eventuality. H&C isn't for anyone who doesn't get seleceted for PGP. There are options like a supervisa for them to spend time in Canada which they can try to extend and you can also pay for extra help if they require it in their home country.

kambohs

Sep 12, 2014
My aging parents are flying in & out of the country since 4 years now. I tried to sponsor them through the family sponsorship class, but unfortunately they never got selected on the draw!
Me & my brother are both PR who settled in Canada and there are no other siblings to take care of my parents once they go back to my home country. Can I apply application for PR under humanitarian & compassionate care background for them??
They really need to depend on us as they are aging, illiterate and diabetic as don’t have anyone else to support them.
Please advise!
Hi brother, did you and your brother end up applying for your parents under H&C?