+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Humanitarian and compassionate outside of Canada

hb1319

Star Member
Dec 16, 2021
Hi all,

i want to bring my mom and my little brother under Humanitarian and compassionate program as my dad passed away and i am here bymyself. I can take care of my mom while she is on visitor visa . But for my little brother, he cant be in visitor visa as he needs to study. I could not afford tuitions fees for international student . That is why i am asking whether i can apply H&C outside of Canada for them? Are there sucessful cases? Thanks!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi all,

i want to bring my mom and my little brother under Humanitarian and compassionate program as my dad passed away and i am here bymyself. I can take care of my mom while she is on visitor visa . But for my little brother, he cant be in visitor visa as he needs to study. I could not afford tuitions fees for international student . That is why i am asking whether i can apply H&C outside of Canada for them? Are there sucessful cases? Thanks!
No. How are they eligible for H&C? What type of care does your mother need? Is she incapable of working/disability etc? They are together in their country so not sure why they would be eligible for H&C. They don’t have established ties to Canada (social, economic, health).

Does your little brother have a TRV? Just so you know H&C takes years with no access to services/healthcare/school etc. And if refused (good chance), there chance of returning to Canada are low.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi all,

Looks like you also may be in a common law relationship which would mean that you wouldn’t qualify to apply to sponsor via lonely Canadian program. As already indicated being a widow or a widow with a child does not necessarily make it an H&C situation. If you can not afford to pay for public school tuition (10-15k/year) how would you be able to prove that you can be financially responsible for your mother and brother if they came to Canada? The fact that your mother is not alone counts against them for H&C application. Sounds like your mother is relatively young so likely is still able to physically able care for herself, care for your brother (at least basic cleaning and cooking), is able to work, etc. which are all considerations for H&C. Your best option is likely to help your mother and brother out financially in their home country. You can work towards qualify to apply for parent sponsorship or for your brother to apply for a study permit later on. Applying for a masters program would be the best value for your money and not an undergrad program. Your brother could also work toward qualifying for PR programs. Would recommend studying to be a nurse for example which will open up immigration options or work permit options to many counties not only Canada. There is going to be a longterm shortage of nurses so a nursing degree will open a lot of immigration options for the foreseeable future.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hi all,

You’re not really alone if you’re in a commonlaw relationship

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/common-law-family-class.811149/