+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Humanitarian and Compassionate Grounds

selvaeugine

Oct 11, 2018
Hello,

I have applied for my permanent residence under humanitarian and compassionate grounds back in 2005. The first stage has gone through approval, however the second stage has been processing for about 13 years. I have contacted the Ministry several times and asked for an update on my file, but a generic response is often provided saying "the applicant must prove that he or she has met the requirements for entry to Canada or that admission would not be contrary to legislative requirements". Over the last decade, I have been a contributing member of society. I was wondering if anyone can give me any feedback on what I can do to speed up the application processing or any alternatives. Thanks in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

I have applied for my permanent residence under humanitarian and compassionate grounds back in 2005. The first stage has gone through approval, however the second stage has been processing for about 13 years. I have contacted the Ministry several times and asked for an update on my file, but a generic response is often provided saying "the applicant must prove that he or she has met the requirements for entry to Canada or that admission would not be contrary to legislative requirements". Over the last decade, I have been a contributing member of society. I was wondering if anyone can give me any feedback on what I can do to speed up the application processing or any alternatives. Thanks in advance.
You need to order your GCMS notes to see what is going on with your application. There must be a reason why processing is taking so long. I would also hire a lawyer and look into filing a mandamus.