+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Humanitarian and compassionate ground

Hachika26

Jul 5, 2019
Hi
I just wanna ask if theres a possibility that my parents application for humanitarian and compassionate ground will get approved?
They have submitted their application last August 2018 and the status is still received.
My parents has been here in canada since 2012 and they were just renewing their visa. Unfortunately, last year they forgot to renew their visa and tried to apply visa restoration but got refuses.
They don't work here in canada because theyre just tourist. Theyre a big help to my family especially to my sisters. They were the one who is taking good care of my nephews whenever we are at work. Also, theyre supporting my sister who is suffering from depression and take good care of my baby nephew and also taking good care of my nephew who has autism. I am afraid they will be sent home. They have no status now.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
There is an established route to sponsor parents and grandparents and the is a PGP. When you parents visited Canada they knew they were not moving to Canada and they would have to return eventually Your parents are currentLy working illegally if they are providing childcare while the parents go to work. You will have to see the results of H &C but plenty of other families are anxious for their parents to get PR in Canada and have been trying to apply for a PGP.

How is this related to asylum?

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
Hi
I just wanna ask if theres a possibility that my parents application for humanitarian and compassionate ground will get approved?
They have submitted their application last August 2018 and the status is still received.
My parents has been here in canada since 2012 and they were just renewing their visa. Unfortunately, last year they forgot to renew their visa and tried to apply visa restoration but got refuses.
They don't work here in canada because theyre just tourist. Theyre a big help to my family especially to my sisters. They were the one who is taking good care of my nephews whenever we are at work. Also, theyre supporting my sister who is suffering from depression and take good care of my baby nephew and also taking good care of my nephew who has autism. I am afraid they will be sent home. They have no status now.
This is such a curious posting because your parents went through the TRV application challenges establishing that they must one day return home; they received extensions where they indicated that they will one day need to depart Canada; and then they have completed an H&C application where they claim that they cannot apply from their home country. But not you, your parents, or your large family of successful immigrants were sufficiently sophisticated to keep them in status in Canada, after having already done so previously? You forgot?

I hope that you didn't say this in your application given how insulting this would be to the decision-maker's intelligence.

At any rate, IRCC is sensitive to people trying to get around the outland sponsorship demands and your parents will have each other to rely upon when they get back to wherever they convinced the Visa Officer that they had to return to when they got their TRV. Your parents will have to undo their own earlier assertions that they cannot stay in Canada so not much hope for success in my opinion.

If they get it, congratulations - when it fails this will have been their last trip to Canada.

Reactions: andy.keeling

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hi
And in a nutshell it’s 2019 , they arrived in 2012, they aren’t visiting . Did you really think they were just going to give extension after extension? They are totally abusing their TRV privileges, and yes it’s a privilege not a right

Hachika26

Jul 5, 2019
Thanks for all of your response.
We just thought this is the last thing we could do for them to apply. Mys siblings are singles. My sister applied them for Parents and grandparents sponsorship and was chosen in the draw but unfortunately didn't make the salary bracket and we could not combine each of our salary so she didn't proceed with the application. Our parents tried to apply on Humanitarian and compassionate ground, trying their luck.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
So why would she apply for the PGP sponsorship when she obviously never made the salary to support this? So in effect took the place of someone that actually made the LICO cutoff. Has nothing to do with luck, gaming the system, trying to circumvent the procedures already in place, that is what is going on here

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Your parents are relatively young and assume able bodied if they can care for young children. There are no H&C reasons you just want them to stay. They are able to care for themselves in their home country. The rules for PGP are very clear. You will have to focus on making more money. Unfortunately people don’t consider the longterm negative effects of a refused H&C. Your parents were able to visit Canada for 6 years which is much longer than many other parents I have seen who get denied at 3-4 years. If you get denied IRCC will not believe that they won’t leave in the future so getting a visitor visa will be extremely difficult. It would have made much more sense to return home and establish themselves then return to visit again.

Hachika26

Jul 5, 2019
They're already in their early 70's that's why we wanna keep them here in canada and there's no family member in my home country. We are all here now

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
They're already in their early 70's that's why we wanna keep them here in canada and there's no family member in my home country. We are all here now
Early 70s and both are alive is still relatively young. Family members could have worked multiple jobs for 3 years like others have done so they qualify for PGP.

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
It's thoughtless adult children who allow their elderly parents to go out of status in a foreign country and place them into the immigration enforcement stream and then claim to have "forgotten" to extend their legal status in Canada. One must question this sudden and inexplicable lack of understanding of immigration requirements from a family with so much experience in dealing with immigration processes.

It's cute that you posted this in the refugee section - are you entertaining some more short-term thinking?

Your parents have applied for something that is offered - H&C - so no resentment from me in looking to access it, however what you've risked is this:

- H&C refusal
- Removal from Canada
- and when the sad day arrives and one parent passes away, the remaining parent will be left completely alone in their home country unable to even visit Canada.

Don't pretend that this is done in the interests of your parents when you've decided to put them at risk of being completely alone when they will be most vulnerable - you want their domestic services.

KOKO 88

Feb 10, 2019
I got the AIP approval in 27/6/2019.
They told me that my file had been transferred to the Niagara office.
Before the AIP I was asked for medical examination, file security, and payment of residence fees, in 12/4/2019
" Questions "
1- Will medical examination, security file and fees be requested again?
2- How often does it take the second approval time for H&C?
3- Is the Niagara office a quick office?