+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Human Resources Prospects in Ontario?

cpsych7

Jul 11, 2019
Hi,
I am a US citizen who works as an HR Manager for a manufacturing company in Florida. My current company has a small distribution center in Mississauga - in which I do a lot of the HR processes from Miami, Florida. However, they are planning on downsizing in that area so there is no chance for me to relocate through my company.

What is the job market for HR professionals in Ontario? What credentials do most employers require? (I have a master's in I/O Psychology and am certified in the US.)

Is it possible to get a job offer while still living in Florida? I have a family to support so it would be difficult to move or even get the process started without ensuring that I would gain employment.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,
I am a US citizen who works as an HR Manager for a manufacturing company in Florida. My current company has a small distribution center in Mississauga - in which I do a lot of the HR processes from Miami, Florida. However, they are planning on downsizing in that area so there is no chance for me to relocate through my company.

What is the job market for HR professionals in Ontario? What credentials do most employers require? (I have a master's in I/O Psychology and am certified in the US.)

Is it possible to get a job offer while still living in Florida? I have a family to support so it would be difficult to move or even get the process started without ensuring that I would gain employment.
You should assume that it won't be possible to get a job as a foreign worker. It's safe to assume that you will need to qualify, apply and become a permanent resident of Canada before you'll be able to find an employer and job. You can read about Canada's immigration programs in the link below. Would recommend that you start by researching the Express Entry program. It's points-based and those with the most points are selected. Right now you need 460+ points to be picked out of the pool.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada.html

You want to get the CHRP designation to have the best chance of scoring an HR role in Canada.