+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Huge sop mistake

Naim Memon

Apr 20, 2021
Better to withdraw because it's inevitable that you won't be getting a visa with this SOP, so why to wait for 3 months and get a refusal under your umbrella rest is your call.
The consultant is saying in sds file with a good profile, sop is not mandatory. I'm torn up right now.

Naim Memon

Apr 20, 2021
I would withdraw too.. why you are going to risk your application while you are able to withdraw and reapply. Imagine you wait for 2 or 3 months and then you got refused because of your SOP, such refusal may severely affect your future applications. Play in the safe side.
Actually vfs offices are closed in India. If i launch my webform, it'll take weeks to just cancel my application (incase it does). That's why I'm waiting. Otherwise I would've withdrawn it already.

Naim Memon

Apr 20, 2021
Mispresentation aka lying calls into question the integrity of your entire application no matter how short or irrelevant the details may be.
Actually many vfs offices are closed in India. If i launch my webform, it'll take weeks to just cancel my application (incase it does). That's why I'm waiting. Otherwise I would've withdrawn it already.

zekkeh

Sep 15, 2019
Out of curiosity, how do VO check plagiarism ?
assuming the VO is a fluent english user, they’d be able to tell based only on the sentence structure and tone of the SOP. I doubt they’ll use turnitin, but since I believe that many of those who either copy the SOP from somewhere, or have their agents write their SOP, would have been referring to the same few sources, it just means the VO could have read an identical SOP from an earlier file.

thats why I’m a proponent of writing your own SOPs. you’d be able to express your own intentions better and will more likely get that permit approved

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The VO sees many SOPs. So if someone pulled one off the internet, they will probably spot that quickly just because they see so many (and they see some over and over again).

There are also many tools available that can be used to check a document for plagiarism against databases / information available online. These are used primarily by colleges and universities to catch plaigiarism.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
They have every tools to their disposal, and they read every information including SOP everyday. Irrelevant experience from your plargarised sop will be noticed, Make right decision.. its time for decision, you have enogh information since you posted your mistake, make decision..

Decision
Decision
Decision

Naim Memon

Apr 20, 2021
They have every tools to their disposal, and they read every information including SOP everyday. Irrelevant experience from your plargarised sop will be noticed, Make right decision.. its time for decision, you have enogh information since you posted your mistake, make decision..

Decision
Decision
Decision
I'm going to fill the withdrawal form tomorrow if I get late biometrics appointment. If i get my biometric appointment in this week, I'll go with the flow and hope for the best.

Reactions: Amrose5 and Catmom