Waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2014
LANDED..........
13-12-2014
Hey all,

My partner and I literally have our entire common law application together, and ready to be mailed.

I JUST came to the realization that my partner's police certificate came to us on Feb 4th, and I'm pretty sure that they only have a 3 month validity.

Needless to say, we are freaking out. We've worked so hard getting this entire application together, it sucks for something like this to happen.

My question is: can we send the package tomorrow as-is, but leave a note on the FBI paper saying 'Will Send Updated Version'?, then send in the updated version when we receive it?

OR should we just wait for a new FBI scan to send in our entire package?

We have already paid the CIC, and our entire application is ready to go.

Sigh :(

Amalthea

May 27, 2014
Vancity
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2015
LANDED..........
18-06-2015
iNick89 said:
Hey all,

My partner and I literally have our entire common law application together, and ready to be mailed.

I JUST came to the realization that my partner's FBI finger prints came to us on Feb 4th, and I'm pretty sure I read that they only have a 3 month validity.

Needless to say, we are freaking out. We've worked so hard getting this entire application together, it sucks for something like this to happen.

My question is: can we send the package tomorrow as-is, but leave a note on the FBI paper saying 'Will Send Updated Version'?, then send in the updated version when we receive it?

Are you applying outland or inland? And what country is your common law partner from/applying through?

I'm just wondering, because in most countries I was under the impression that they needed a police certificate. I am from the US & I have to get fingerprinted, just SO I can get the Identity Investigation Document from the FBI (My rap sheet.. or criminal background check/record.. etc..). I would hate for you to miss something vital like that, so I wanted to at least mention it! Forgive me if I'm wrong and you don't need a police certificate:)

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
Hello INick,

As far as i know you dont have to send all the PCC with the application. So Dont wait, submit the application. Good Luck! ( i included a note saying, have applied for PCC - will submit when i receive them) PCC is required for the second stage of the sponsorship application.

Another thing, if i were you, i would put in this FBI PCC as well, The validity is usually 1 year for pcc not 3 months. If you still reside in USA, order for new ones, just in case the NDVO asks for an updated one. If not, this one should do.

But with the current processing times, i wouldnt wait. Good Luck!

Regards
KanSri

iNick89 said:
Hey all,
I JUST came to the realization that my partner's FBI finger prints came to us on Feb 4th, and I'm pretty sure I read that they only have a 3 month validity.

iNick89

Star Member
Oct 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2014
Doc's Request.
26-08-2014
File Transfer...
29-07-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2014
LANDED..........
13-12-2014
Amalthea said:
Are you applying outland or inland? And what country is your common law partner from/applying through?

I'm just wondering, because in most countries I was under the impression that they needed a police certificate. I am from the US & I have to get fingerprinted, just SO I can get the Identity Investigation Document from the FBI (My rap sheet.. or criminal background check/record.. etc..). I would hate for you to miss something vital like that, so I wanted to at least mention it! Forgive me if I'm wrong and you don't need a police certificate:)
Sorry - should have been more clear!!

Yes, I am referring to the police certificate (not 'fingerprints' haha).

Basically, my partner's Police Certificate is dated February 4th, which is more than 3 months, as we were going to send in our application tomorrow.

I'm so upset!

Zarilenth

Oct 18, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
01-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2014; COPR received 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
30-07-2014
iNick89 said:

Basically, my partner's Police Certificate is dated February 4th, which is more than 3 months, as we were going to send in our application tomorrow.

I'm so upset!
For the US, you send in fingerprints and get the police certificate back - correct? If that's the case, send it in now. Do not wait. I sent my application in for my hubby (American citizen) without any police certificate. We just wrote a note saying we submitted the request for them and are waiting to get them back. When we got our sponsorship approval, we sent the police certificate to the Ottawa office to be put with our file.

Don't worry!! Just send it in! :)

basketballfan

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
SW Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 2014
Med's Done....
August 2013 ; September 2015
Passport Req..
November 2015
My husband's UK police clearance was late getting to us in the mail so we only sent the Zambian one to CIC-M with the view that we would send the UK one when it arrived and that it wasn't needed at this first stage. Anyways - our entire package was sent back for being incomplete. When I called CIC-M, they said it is up the the CIC-M officer's discretion on whether to request the missing documents or send back your application for being incomplete.That being said, by the time the UK one came our Zambian one expired but we sent it anyways and they did not reject our package the second time, even though we sent an expired doc by their standards.

Also, most police certificates expire (> 3 months) by the time they are in the hands of the VO abroad but they are still asking for them at the first stage so perhaps they want CIC-M's to reflect on and provide preliminary comments about your application at the early stage like those comments that they make about sponsor and applicant in the GCSM notes - officers would want a complete file to make an initial assessment to share with the next VO.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Our app went with only 1 of 4 PCCs; we sent the others in later without issue. Include a letter of explanation, the expired PCC and if you have it, the receipt from the new PCC app.

Koifish76

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2014 (ECAS)
Doc's Request.
IMM5540 29-04-2014, Intent to return 18-08-2014, PCC 26-08-2014
File Transfer...
Same day as SA. 15-07-2014
Med's Done....
Nov.4,2013
Passport Req..
9/24/2014(email)...same day IP
VISA ISSUED...
10/13/2014
LANDED..........
Oct.20, 2014!
iNick89 said:

I'm so upset!
Ours was outdated as well, like 6 months over the limit. Realized error after submitting application. Phoned CIC, operator specifically said to us on phone, that a letter followed by the AOR letter, would ask for an updated Police clearance. He said he typed in message to ensure this would happen. I still haven't received AOR yet so I might not be the best to give advice. Just know you are not the only one.

Anyways, we mailed in updated police clearance while application still in process for the first stage. I would think since there is a long wait these days to approve sponsor, you should go ahead, mail in app., then call them when you are about to receive (or after mailing it to CIC) the new Police clearance and mail it in before AOR. You do run the risk of it being misplaced, but that can be said for almost anything.

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
Just to add, You can minimize the risk of misplacement by mailing them after you receive the File Number with your AOR/SA. PCC is only required in Stage 2.

Koifish76 said:
Ours was outdated as well, like 6 months over the limit. Realized error after submitting application. Phoned CIC, operator specifically said to us on phone, that a letter followed by the AOR letter, would ask for an updated Police clearance. He said he typed in message to ensure this would happen. I still haven't received AOR yet so I might not be the best to give advice. Just know you are not the only one.

Anyways, we mailed in updated police clearance while application still in process for the first stage. I would think since there is a long wait these days to approve sponsor, you should go ahead, mail in app., then call them when you are about to receive (or after mailing it to CIC) the new Police clearance and mail it in before AOR. You do run the risk of it being misplaced, but that can be said for almost anything.

iNick89

Star Member
Oct 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2014
Doc's Request.
26-08-2014
File Transfer...
29-07-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2014
LANDED..........
13-12-2014
Thanks for your support everyone!

We are going to go ahead and send in our package, and also request a new police certificate for my partner as well!

Phew, glad this wasn't as detrimental as I thought it would be.

Thank you!