+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Huge delay on study permit extension-Looking help

Zoe_W

May 4, 2020
Hi guys,
I applied for a study permit extension on Nov 30th, 2019 and I still don’t get it for now ( it has been 156 days). I filled web form several times and it seems unhelpful. I have to defer my offer from Jan to May and to Sept. I'm so desperate.
I graduated in Aug 2019 and my old sp expired in Sept 2019. I was travelling outside Canada and get back here withholding a visitor visa. And applied to extend my stay as a student because I got an offer for a PhD programme. In this situation, what is my implied status?
Is there anyone who has a similar experience? Is there any way to speed up my application? Please give me some advice. Please!!!
Also anyone applied for sp extension after Nov got approved?

Sehajnarula

May 4, 2020
Hey
I also applied my student permit extension on Nov 30th. Still no response.
my friends who applied in January got their permits last week. I read multiple posts and some said that IRCC skipped files of mid November for some reason.
according to my knowledge there is no way to expedite the process. I sent a web form and got very unsatisfactory reply stating that the agent working on your application will be notified.
some students are waiting since September.

Sehajnarula

May 4, 2020
Few things, if your student permit expired on Sept 2019 why did you apply for extension. You should have applied for restoration or a new study permit.
Implied status means that you have applied for a new permit whilst residing in Canada and you can stay and participate in the Same activities you carried on while you were on your previous permit.

Zoe_W

May 4, 2020
Few things, if your student permit expired on Sept 2019 why did you apply for extension. You should have applied for restoration or a new study permit.
Implied status means that you have applied for a new permit whilst residing in Canada and you can stay and participate in the Same activities you carried on while you were on your previous permit.
I was also thinking I should apply for a new study permit which only take 4 weeks. But IRCC classified my application into the extension (still confused).
I also knew someone who applied in Jan got his extension in April. I don't know why...