+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HSE Related Jobs

qureishi

Dec 9, 2011
Hi Group Members,

I am a HSE professional and recently received my PR , completed my landing and came back to my home country.

Any group member can suggest / advice what skills , training's are required for HSE professional to find a job in Canada.

Thanks in advance

Cheers :)

Qureishi

Bwave

Nov 25, 2014
qureishi said:
Hi Group Members,

I am a HSE professional and recently received my PR , completed my landing and came back to my home country.

Any group member can suggest / advice what skills , training's are required for HSE professional to find a job in Canada.

Thanks in advance

Qureishi
Hi Qureishi,

Good to read your post! I guess we have similar cases, I also am presently an HSE practitioner and also did a short landing for my PR and I'm back in my country. I did my landing in October (2 months ago). Looking for directions as well ;) on how best to position myself professionally / job wise before going back to Canada.

gsinghbal

Star Member
May 26, 2015
Present, Amritsar - Target, Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Colombo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-12-2014
AOR Received.
09-04-2015
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
03-03-2015
Med's Request
17-09-2015
Med's Done....
28-09-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2016
LANDED..........
21-06-2016
qureishi said:
Hi Group Members,

Thanks in advance

Qureishi
Hello Qureishi and Bwave,
Congratulations on yours PR. To make yourself successful in Canada, you must achieve your CRSP (Canadian Registered Safety Professional), once you complete this you will have lot of job offers as recently wherever you are applying they will ask for this.
Due to the oil market crises worldwide, there are less jobs presently everywhere which suffers too in Canada mainly Alberta area where we usually have lot of oil and gas projects.
Regarding me, I am into the same profession, waiting for my Passport request. I am from India, Punjab. any more information or help needed, I am available.
Good luck,
Regards,

qureishi

Dec 9, 2011
Hi Guys,

Thanks for response.

I know about CRSP but it will not be easy to get it as its a long journey :(

I have searched and found out many collages in Toronto are providing HSE related online certifications i.e Humber College. Is it going to help for job ?

What other HSE certifications can help i.e NEBOSH is useful in Gulf countries ?

Regards
Qureishi

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I personally wouldn't bother with the Humber College course. I would focus on starting work towards getting CRSP.

vedette

Jul 21, 2015
I agree with Scylla. Focused on the course that helps you to achieve necessary inputs for the Regulated Professions in Canada.

gsinghbal

Star Member
May 26, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Colombo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-12-2014
AOR Received.
09-04-2015
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
03-03-2015
Med's Request
17-09-2015
Med's Done....
28-09-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2016
LANDED..........
21-06-2016
vedette said:
I agree with Scylla. Focused on the course that helps you to achieve necessary inputs for the Regulated Professions in Canada.
Yes, agree, do not go for the small courses, yes if they train you in CRSP, go for it. doing other small courses are just waste of time and money...Yes there are many colleges and institutes who run CRSP in BC, Alberta and Toronto areas.

Having NEBOSH will help you doing your CRSP as this is counted as extra accredit to complete CRSP.
Remember not everyone can do CRSP, there is criteria, education, experience in HSE required for this. NEBOSH will help. If you have NEBOSH Diploma you can easily give exams of CRSP as the syllabus of NEBOSH Diploma and CRSP is same.

Good luck,
Regards,

Gowtham301

May 7, 2014
Guys happy to see u all here.... There was no much interaction for HSE guys till now on this platform.

This is Gowtham from india application under process.

I agree with Gurnam bhai.. Hope to hear from all regarding jobs, news etc regarding HSE

gsinghbal

Star Member
May 26, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Colombo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-12-2014
AOR Received.
09-04-2015
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
03-03-2015
Med's Request
17-09-2015
Med's Done....
28-09-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2016
LANDED..........
21-06-2016
qureishi said:
Hi Guys,

Any one can describe what are the requirements of CRSP ?

Regards
Qureishi
--------------------------------
Yes, 3 factors below:

Factor 1: Formal Education:

1) Minimum requirement: a one year college/university certificate/diploma in OH&S OR a two year college/university non Occupational health and safety certificate/diploma.

Factor 2: Professional development:

2) List all OH&S related training courses/seminars/conferences you have completed beginning with the most recent. To obtain credit, you must attach a copy of the course/seminar/conference outline and a copy of any certificate received or furnish equivalent proof of completion such as a letter from the organization presenting the course/seminar/conference. Professional development credits will not be granted without documentation. Documentation must be attached for each course/seminar/conference in the same order as listed on the application. If you do not have supporting documentation, do not list the professional development activity on your application of applying CRSP.

Factor 3: Professional Practice (OH&S experience):

3) Full time OH&S experience (minimum 3 years). Experience certificates to be attached with the application.

The final determination of the acceptability of an applicant to proceed to a Regional Screening Centre interview is made by the Qualifications Review Committee. Candidates should not assume that their assessment of points awarded in Factors 1, 2 and 3 will be the same as that of the Qualifications Review Committee.

If you meet all factors/points and your application is accepted, you can go for exam which is very tough as well, make sure you study well. Remember without having CRSP, it is not easy to find a HSE related job in Canada as all employers ask for CRSP.

Thanks, ;)

qureishi

Dec 9, 2011
Dear Friends ,

Any senior can advice what is the best technical college in Toronto region for HSE related short coursers ?

I want to estimate the cost as I am planning to land in end 2016

Appreciate your response !

Reg.
Q.