+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HR & Admin NOC (0112, 1121, 1223 & 1221)

Shubhamapye

Jan 11, 2022
Hi people,
I'm a executive search professional i.e headhunter. So a proper recruitment role. Based on my all my ielts scores and Wes credentials my CRS should come to 456.
What would be my chances realistically for a PNP

Hello_there

Jan 19, 2022
Hi, I have 6 plus years of HR experience out of which 3 years is general HR (have handled Recruitment, Training and Development, Employer Branding, Performance Management) and the remaining 3+ is Reward Management (handling mainly Reward Expertise Strategy end). Is anyone able to confirm which NOC should be used for these two types of experiences? I have gone through the job responsibilities and found similarities in both. I have my Bachelors in HRM and Masters in Business Administration.

Feb 8, 2022
Hi Harneet,

Welcome to the thread! As a personnel manager, your title matches the NOC 0112- HR Manager. Refer to https://noc.esdc.gc.ca/Structure/NocProfile?objectid=JMiDyl9H42W7/vVQhmVOFIwDf+10OiLsJgTk4bE7QBA= for matching your job responsibilities. If it matches at least 60%, you are good to go. Just that while getting reference letters you would need to input these responsibilities and it must match with the roles mentioned on the page.

Now, coming to your question. NOC 0112 just requires you to have a bachelor's degree preferably in commerce/ psychology/ personnel management. But even if you have a bachelor's in a non-related field, there's nothing to worry as long as you have sufficient work experience. So technically you don't have any degree requirements for any of the HR related NOC's mentioned in this thread.

However, while you do need to have a CHRP certification if you intend to work as an HR manager in Canada, you won't require any additional qualification to submit your Express entry profile. So, for your immigration purpose you really don't need anything additional to move forward with your application.

Stop wasting time and proceed with your application mate!

Cheers,

Joel

Feb 8, 2022
Hi Joel,

Needed a suggestion - I and my husband are planning to apply for one of the PNP programs in Canada. However, need your help with which province to go ahead with. His ECA is done via WES and CRS is 464, Age 30, IELTS overall 8 band. His NOC is 1121 - HR professionals. We are considering for Alberta or Ontario. I read in an article recently that Ontario PNP invited EE candidates with this job code as well. Alternatively, Alberta seems tough as you need a valid job offer. I wanted to understand if we can meanwhile get the CHRP certification done from here (India)?

shakermaker.joel

Jul 23, 2021
Hi Supriya, if you'd ask me Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) Human Capital Priorities Stream should be the way to go in you and your husband's case even though the program is extremely competitive. CRS of 464 is a fairly average score and would require a lot of luck and patience to get through. But having said that there have been cases when the program has picked as low as 453. Other PNP's are quite overwhelming and slow so I wouldn't recommend.

Further, CHRP certification from India wouldn't be a good idea as I doubt how credible it might be in Canada. To me, it only makes sense to get hold of the certification once you land in Canada as they are quite rigid about the licensing criteria. What you both can do in the meantime would be to start learning French (if you haven't already) or do an advance course to improve your command over the language. Not only will that help both of you to increase your CRS, but it shall prove to be extremely useful to you both especially in professional networking and social interactions.

shakermaker.joel

Jul 23, 2021
Hi, I have 6 plus years of HR experience out of which 3 years is general HR (have handled Recruitment, Training and Development, Employer Branding, Performance Management) and the remaining 3+ is Reward Management (handling mainly Reward Expertise Strategy end). Is anyone able to confirm which NOC should be used for these two types of experiences? I have gone through the job responsibilities and found similarities in both. I have my Bachelors in HRM and Masters in Business Administration.
Try putting a few NOC's related to HR in the NOC finder and see which one fits your career history the best at different employment. Your 3 year generalist profile could be 1121 and the reward management experience something else. You mentioned that you found similarities in both. In that case, you could use just one relevant NOC for the entire 6 years.

What matters is that your reference letters should match the given job responsibilities in that NOC by at least 60%. Hope I made sense.

Reactions: Aesopzai

Aesopzai

Nov 22, 2014
Creating an EE profile and tagging all provinces is always 'THE' thing to do. Additionally, targeting individual PNP's and applying your Expression of Interest in each is promising. I have been surfing around and speaking to people who've done it and have said that folks with good CRS may rely and wait in the EE pool. However, for those who don't have a great score should apply to individual provinces of their interest.

Getting a job offer is out of the question for outland candidates like you and me. Well, I am in a similar situation as yours- I'm an HR Generalist/ Business Partner carrying out practically all parts of an HR role. But, since NOC's are too specific and don't include a comprehensive list of activities in it. I identified myself as 1121- HR Professional thinking it might have greater demand across provinces.

Now, regarding SINP I personally, don't qualify for the very same reason as yours. I'm a life science graduate with over 6 years work experience in HR. However, I'm pursuing a diploma in HRM to show that I have relevant education in my core functional area and that should work for SINP as well as in advancing once own career. So, if you have a Masters degree in HRM or an MBA you can easily apply under SINP too as it is easier and transparent than Alberta.

People with low CRS always opt for Alberta and wait a long time hoping they would get picked. You have relatives in Alberta, you said. But since you can't use them for additional points, it all the more make sense to apply to other provinces as well. After applying for EOI's in different provinces there'd still be a wait. If by then Alberta gives you a NOI, then nothing like it!

NS and QB don't require you to have a valid job offer. Please do read up more on it. Quebec may have their own reservations but Nova Scotia definitely would be welcoming.
Hey dear..
Is HR manager noc 0112 in demand list for SINP?
your answer will be helpful .. thanks

Gunjan07*

May 17, 2022
Hi I have a job offer from Procom(contract for BMO) with following , Can someone please confirm NOC code as I am confused if it should be 1221

Major job is to take care of access while onboarding and offboarding collectio employees. Procom is not providing boc code..please helppp

JOB DESCRIPTION
Temporary Position:
Associate - Business Operations
Client: Bank of Montreal
Job Description:
This is more of an administrative role, not a call centre / customer-facing role. The individual will be responsible for
the onboarding, amendments and offboarding of all Canada Collections employees. They will review control reports
to ensure accesses are aligned with bank policy and matrix defined by Canada Collections. Work with stakeholders to
promote efficient and effective processes and workflow, establish positive working relationships across the
organization and to achieve business results and deliver the intended customer and employee experience.
Role Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
• Communicates with different lines of business on queries and collections procedures
• Gathers and formats data into regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards
• Supports change management of varying scope and type; tasks typically focused on execution and sustainment
activities
• Processes service requests and access requests
• May function as a problem-solving resource for more junior staff
• Resolves standard and relatively straightforward issues, referring non-routine issues to more senior team members
and/or manager
• Develops an understanding of business products and services and the operations processes that support them
• Identifies and resolves discrepancies in accordance with standard procedures
• Escalates issues, where necessary, as per guidelines
• Prepares, renews, or monitors administrative tasks such as distributing/collecting/filing/etc. documentation and
information
• Responds to inquiries, instructions, or transactions from internal business partners and/or external customers, or
other stakeholders (e.g., other operations teams) according to guidelines.
• Enters, reviews, and/or verifies collections information and documentation for processing and/or further handling
• Manages documentation to ensure that records are maintained in a proper manner
• Analyzes data and information to provide insights and recommendations
• Organizes work information to ensure accuracy and completeness
• Collaborates in identifying, recommending, and implementing workflow improvements to deliver a more efficient
operation
• Completes complex & diverse tasks within given rules/limits and may include handling escalations from other
employees
• Analyzes issues and determines next steps
• Storing of evidence of requests accurately
• Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed