+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How's LMIA process going right now during pandemic

Hameshk

Star Member
Mar 17, 2016
Hi my company put application of two high wage lmia in feb, we are waiting for any reply from them
The question comes in mind since we give employees layoff ,is Everything they gonna check before making decisions, I know lots of companies had put applications for lmia before pandemic and they given layoff, so at present wht happening to their files ,do service Canada rejecting every file of them,,if companies giving layoff means rejecting Lima files,,IS THAT HAPPENING RIGHT NOW PLEASE SOME BODY HAVE SOME KNOWLEDGE ABOUT LMIA APPROVAL TRENDS RIGHT NOW LET ME KNOW THNX

Reactions: Yaw Owusu

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi my company put application of two high wage lmia in feb, we are waiting for any reply from them
The question comes in mind since we give employees layoff ,is Everything they gonna check before making decisions, I know lots of companies had put applications for lmia before pandemic and they given layoff, so at present wht happening to their files ,do service Canada rejecting every file of them,,if companies giving layoff means rejecting Lima files,,IS THAT HAPPENING RIGHT NOW PLEASE SOME BODY HAVE SOME KNOWLEDGE ABOUT LMIA APPROVAL TRENDS RIGHT NOW LET ME KNOW THNX
Yes current economic situation will be taken into account when approving/refusing LMIA. If a company has laid off other workers there is much less of a chance that LMIA will be approved. The situation now that people are returning to work but we are in a recession and unemployment is higher will be the most important.

Mara71

Sep 6, 2018
Did they have taken your fee any update did you receive and what's the Noc

Things are a bit all over the place. They are issuing file numbers, but not taking fees since March. Some online applications are having payments requested, some are not.

If a company has had layoffs, I would be very surprised to see a positive LMIA issued as ROE checks are done before a final decision is made.

Mara71

Sep 6, 2018
I'm waiting since April 1st after sent documents by post until now not even taken fee (along with the documents sent a cheque)
No file number no update?

Mara71

Sep 6, 2018
This is crazy don't know how long have to wait in this case but I heard Canada temporally visa visa and student visa work permit already started from 9th onwards

Hameshk

Star Member
Mar 17, 2016
When did you applied ? After how many days taken fee?
Applied on 22 feb after few days they took fee n issued lmia number, I went to my consultant today he said no lmia is being processed except essential sectors, and chances of approval almost 0 if workers are laid off

Mara71

Sep 6, 2018
Okay I'm still awaiting haven't taken fee and no file number yet
But in my office no laid off and I'm in to logistic freight forwarding this is going as a essential service business

Hameshk

Star Member
Mar 17, 2016
Is possible to track the status of LMIA once we get the file number ?
Please advise
They have a call centre its huge line up once we call and after every call we get same answers, your file is in progress,we have huge lineups please wait for few days thats all they give us answers nothing new