Dec 10, 2015
Gujarat India
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/07/16
Hows the centennial college. I mean location , environment ,process , educational system , facilities , job opportunities around etc . Please respond with pro and cons .
Thanks.

dalbir

Jul 21, 2016
VIKASBAGLE said:
Hows the centennial college. I mean location , environment ,process , educational system , facilities , job opportunities around etc . Please respond with pro and cons .
Thanks.
I am also going to Centennial college for FOOD SCIENCE TECHNOLOGY.
IT is a very good college and beautiful&peaceful environment but i have listen that part time jobs are less in Scarborough,

Gymguy

Jul 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2016
LANDED..........
July End
VIKASBAGLE said:
Thanks.
Hopefully these links help you :

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/warningdo-not-go-for-centennial-t115924.0.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/centennial-college-review-t185832.0.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/last-warning-do-not-go-centennial-college-t157515.0.html

Had a cursory look. Doesn't seem to be good. Even I had offer letter from Centennial but didn't commit. I chose GBC instead.
Most of the engineering courses at centennial are co-op but I was advised only a small percent of students land up with
genuine and related co-op jobs and that also on their own. I guess co-op is the trap there.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
You will always find someone who has had a bad experience at any college and some of these linked posts are 3/4 years old anyway. Ultimately comments should be based on whether a specific course met the applicants objectives or whether they were misled on fees upfront but when actually paying were significantly more. Those are the important things to complain about not the whole college just for some small individual grievance, after all if were that bad where are all the domestic student complaints ?

Gymguy

Jul 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2016
LANDED..........
July End
Bs65 said:
You will always find someone who has had a bad experience at any college and some of these linked posts are 3/4 years old anyway. Ultimately comments should be based on whether a specific course met the applicants objectives or whether they were misled on fees upfront but when actually paying were significantly more. Those are the important things to complain about not the whole college just for some small individual grievance, after all if were that bad where are all the domestic student complaints ?
I agree 100% and there will be good and satisfied students from Centennial on this forum as well.

On the same note, I was advised only recently by someone who has finished his engineering course at Centennial. So my view to go with GBC in comparison
is based on that advice only.

Cheers.

kaptansidhu

Star Member
Jul 22, 2016
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-7-2016
i have also opted centennial .. my cousin whose living in toronto for five years recommended this one to me.. rest we'll see if we get visa..

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
This college has very mixed reviews depending on the campus. The Story Arts centre and the Progress campus have good reviews, but the Ashtonbee Campus seems to be the worst.

kaptansidhu

Star Member
Jul 22, 2016
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-7-2016
i would be at progress ave

VIKASBAGLE

Star Member
Dec 10, 2015
Gujarat India
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/07/16
Bs65 said:
Well said. You got honest opinion. Thanks for support.

VIKASBAGLE

Star Member
Dec 10, 2015
Gujarat India
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/07/16
Gymguy said:
I agree 100% and there will be good and satisfied students from Centennial on this forum as well.

On the same note, I was advised only recently by someone who has finished his engineering course at Centennial. So my view to go with GBC in comparison
is based on that advice only.

Cheers.
Thanks for response. We all know every one have different point of view you just shown the dark side. But anyway the GBC is good one my neighbor is there he always talks about GBC. But what i believe is in the end its all upto us how we perform and manage with situations.

VIKASBAGLE

Star Member
Dec 10, 2015
Gujarat India
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/07/16
kaptansidhu said:
i have also opted centennial .. my cousin whose living in toronto for five years recommended this one to me.. rest we'll see if we get visa..
Yeah right afterall everything depends on visa. But yeah be positive . We are on same campus bro see you there soon.

Mehar.Shanna

Jul 25, 2016
My brother studied there. He saw people walk in to class wearing flip flops and Kudta Pyjama (indian Night suit).. You will not feel you're in Canada' pretty homely.

hell911

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gymguy said:
Most of the engineering courses at centennial are co-op but I was advised only a small percent of students land up with
genuine and related co-op jobs and that also on their own. I guess co-op is the trap there.
This is true. I am a graduate from centennial college. Most of my classmates who were in co-op didn't land a co-op work outside school. So they worked inside the college as co-op, yes it counts as a related job and they pay you (less), but of course, students are expected to land co-op job outside.

Population is mixed (most of them are blacks, chinese and south indian).

Fast food inside the college is lame. I went to humber college north campus and it was way better in terms of food variety inside the campus.

Location of college is little bit outside the population dense areas, even though there are alot of apartments near, it's not as dense as like in downtown of course. There are only few restaurants near the college (progress ave)

Mehar.Shanna said:
My brother studied there. He saw people walk in to class wearing flip flops and Kudta Pyjama (indian Night suit).. You will not feel you're in Canada' pretty homely.
Yes this is also true. Many people wear kurta pajama inside college. It's normal to see and doesn't feel like you are in Canada since most or half of the students are international students

Gymguy

Jul 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2016
LANDED..........
July End
hell911 said:
This is true. I am a graduate from centennial college. Most of my classmates who where in co-op didn't land a co-op work outside school. So they worked inside the college as co-op, yes it counts as a related job and they pay you (less), but of course, students are expected to land co-op job outside.

Population is mixed (most of them are blacks, chinese and south indian).

Fast food inside the college is lame. I went to humber college north campus and it was way better in terms of food variety inside the campus.

Location of college is little bit outside the population dense areas, even though there are alot of apartments near, it's not as dense as like in downtown of course. There are only few restaurants near the college (progress ave)

Yes this is also true. Many people wear kurta pajama inside college. It's normal to see and doesn't feel like you are in Canada since most or half of the students are international students
Since you been there and seen it all, your comment is highly appreciable.

Mehar.Shanna said:
The guy who advised me jokingly said if you want to join Centennial also bring a lungi with you.

To the others who are going there : It's upto you at the end of the day how you shape yourself in such an environment. Best wishes and if you perform well no one
can drag you down. Good Luck. Cheers.

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hell911 said:
This is true. I am a graduate from centennial college. Most of my classmates who were in co-op didn't land a co-op work outside school. So they worked inside the college as co-op, yes it counts as a related job and they pay you (less), but of course, students are expected to land co-op job outside.
I don't know if its true or not but I heard that it is hard to get a co-op jobs from GTA colleges. My friend did GBM from humber college. He had co-op for his course too but couldn't able to get it. In fact, most of his classmates couldn't able to get co-op. What I feel is that students in sask and alberta colleges have more percentage of students who get co-ops and eventually which helps to land up a good permanent job.