+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How's best to go about this?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Yes. Unfortunately, I wasn't aware I'd overstayed until I was at the airport being questioned. It was a matter of less than two days. I'd clumsily miscalculated my 90 days as 3 months, so in my head I was leaving the US a day early, not two days late. Stupid, silly mistake, and now I'm paying for it.

May I ask what the reasoning is behind not applying until the summer or later? I'm just wondering what those couple of months difference will make to the possible outcome.

Thank you.
Just my completely unprofessional opinion, and just a general rule some people on this forum advise...best to stay in your home country for about 6 months before attempting to travel again. I based it off your attempt to re-enter the US in December 2017.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Yes. Unfortunately, I wasn't aware I'd overstayed until I was at the airport being questioned. It was a matter of less than two days. I'd clumsily miscalculated my 90 days as 3 months, so in my head I was leaving the US a day early, not two days late. Stupid, silly mistake, and now I'm paying for it.

May I ask what the reasoning is behind not applying until the summer or later? I'm just wondering what those couple of months difference will make to the possible outcome.

Thank you.
I see no reason for you to wait until summer. Just apply for the eTA now.