+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How will you ever know where you stand in Express Entry pool???

hopeforthebest1

Star Member
Aug 19, 2014
marcus66502 said:
You might as well be forecasting which way the wind will this day next year, because as far as you're concerned, as long as you don't have PNP or LMIA, you'll be waiting around for an invitation for who knows how many years.
Or maybe non-PNP/LMIA holder will have a chance and the slightest mistake or trouble in the process of a holder of LMIA in anything, literary anything, from family issues to medical issue to unexpected events happens .... future could never be expected and stats and % is clueless when it comes to life .... so everyone never listen to pessimistic people have hope and live for it and keep trying all. ::)

hopeforthebest1

Star Member
Aug 19, 2014
and remember folks LMIA is not the LMO so claiming 600 points for it is not possible and some posters are misinformed, so chances are there for everyone, cheer up.

Elaish

Oct 21, 2014
Hey Guys,

Merry Christmas everyone..

Unfortunately, I did a silly mistake while preparing my file, I did send my file and it was received by CIC on 31st of October 2014, today I received back my returned file with letter stating that I didn't complete ((Schedule A: Background Declaration/Schedule)) for my spouse.. :(
I was far from CIC website, and I just noticed the EE program..

Please need your advice concerning my case, here's my profile:

Married with one chile (1 year)
Me: CLB 8 , my wife CLB 7
Bachelor degree (ECA Report is ready)
8 years of experience, current occupation NOC: 0121 (What I applied before)

All the translations for the all the civilian documents are ready of course..

What do you think.. I'm really confused

Thanks a lot..

joelmath

Dec 9, 2014
Elaish said:
Hey Guys,

Merry Christmas everyone..

Unfortunately, I did a silly mistake while preparing my file, I did send my file and it was received by CIC on 31st of October 2014, today I received back my returned file with letter stating that I didn't complete ((Schedule A: Background Declaration/Schedule)) for my spouse.. :(
I was far from CIC website, and I just noticed the EE program..

Please need your advice concerning my case, here's my profile:

Married with one chile (1 year)
Me: CLB 8 , my wife CLB 7
Bachelor degree (ECA Report is ready)
8 years of experience, current occupation NOC: 0121 (What I applied before)

All the translations for the all the civilian documents are ready of course..

What do you think.. I'm really confused

Thanks a lot..
Hey Elaish,

I am sorry to hear about your situation.. For a basic understanding of Express entry there are some useful links in the following page:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13Hf5KT35xOJMzlHo9KVenqYSrZFTjt0qc_PZgrI4mls/edit#gid=763051457

if u want to research more on EE program please go through all the previous posts on this forum and majority of your doubts will get cleared.

You can also update your profile in the EE spreadsheet for an understanding on your position within the EE pool.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13Hf5KT35xOJMzlHo9KVenqYSrZFTjt0qc_PZgrI4mls/edit#gid=473180186

Hope this helps..good luck

civil1

Dec 26, 2014
Hi guys,

Here is my analysis for the EE. After comparison of Austrailian & New Zealand's EOIs, a general pattern can be established. For the first 6 months or so, the invitations were sent to those having higher scores in the pool. After that ITAs for low scoring candidates were seen. Same will be the case with EE. A so called "backlog proof system" doesn't exist & there is always a limited supply of "High Scoring Candidates". Once that list is exhausted, everything goes back to normal, including processing times. I have seen many posts by members here, depicting their concerns for their "low scores". My advise to them would be to stop worrying & consider this as a yard stick;

"If you are good at doing, what you do, among your own people; you would succeed everywhere else, then.

Cheers!!

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Just as an update for some who had doubts about this, a valid LMO is perfectly equal to LMIA and would get a candidate the exact 600 points provided you are continuing with the same employer. It was already known but probably CIC put it in official wording here.

Scenario 2: You want to offer a permanent job to your current TFW
Employer

Is the worker currently in Canada under a positive LMIA/LMOFootnote 5?

If yes, skip to candidate steps
If no, an LMIA is required. Continue with employer steps
No

Ensure you have considered Canadians and permanent residents

Post your ad on ESDC’s Job Bank + 2 additional methods of advertising
Apply for LMIAFootnote 4

If no suitable domestic candidates, apply for an LMIA for the temporary foreign worker through Service Canada

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/employers/express-entry-presentation-fall2014.asp

theshak

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
Hi Folks,

This new system has me very very nervous, like I am sure most of you are. My company have hired an immigration solicitor to help me through the process ,which of course is great, but I am worried it might not be enough. I ended with a score of 477. Is that a good score? When I saw the max score was 1200 and my score was 477 I naturally was worried.

Upon submitting my profile my paralegal said I could get an LMIA from the company I work for to get an extra 600 points. Do you think I need it with my current score?

I went to the community made spreadsheet of CRS scores, and it appeared 477 was a relatively good score but I want to ask the forums opinion as there is so much uncertainty with this new process.

Has it been released yet how many people the CIC will invite to apply for permanent residency in the first draw and subsequent draws?

I probably sound a big worrier but I, like many of you, have so much invested in Canada.

Many thanks,

Shak

Orangel123

Star Member
Sep 9, 2014
Venezuela
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2014 - Returned 06-02-2015
theshak said:
Hi Folks,

This new system has me very very nervous, like I am sure most of you are. My company have hired an immigration solicitor to help me through the process ,which of course is great, but I am worried it might not be enough. I ended with a score of 477. Is that a good score? When I saw the max score was 1200 and my score was 477 I naturally was worried.

Upon submitting my profile my paralegal said I could get an LMIA from the company I work for to get an extra 600 points. Do you think I need it with my current score?

I went to the community made spreadsheet of CRS scores, and it appeared 477 was a relatively good score but I want to ask the forums opinion as there is so much uncertainty with this new process.

Has it been released yet how many people the CIC will invite to apply for permanent residency in the first draw and subsequent draws?

I probably sound a big worrier but I, like many of you, have so much invested in Canada.

Many thanks,

Shak
Shak, 477 is an absolutely great score on it own! Max score is 1200, but 600 of those are dependent of job offer with LMIA or Provincial nomination, so the majority of applicants will have a roof of 600 points. Out of those 600, about 80 are dependent of canadian work experience (another thing that the majority of us wont have), so you are looking at 520 tops.

For more info, you should suscribe to the EE spreadsheet and see how the scores are flowing. Here's the link to check it:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13Hf5KT35xOJMzlHo9KVenqYSrZFTjt0qc_PZgrI4mls/edit#gid=473180186

curious_123

Jun 19, 2014
Hello

Can any one tell me how long does it take to completely submit the EE profile. I mean with the job bank registration..

idefix

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2014
curious_123 said:
Hello

Can any one tell me how long does it take to completely submit the EE profile. I mean with the job bank registration..
If you have everything with you, in about 2-3h.

fl_pie

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
theshak said:
Hi Folks,

Many thanks,

Shak
477 is a good score, according to the spreadsheet. No one really knows how many people will be included in the first draw, but it's just a week away. You may want to wait until the January draw and see if you make it with your current score, and if not, then get the LMIA.

idefix

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2014
curious_123 said:
The reason i asked this question is because I will be eligible for CEC on 26th JAN. I heard there are some issue with job bank?
A few applicants do - I didn't, It was quite fast.