+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How will WES evaluate my 1 year diploma from a recognised distance learning institute in India?

susharora

Nov 28, 2019
I have a 3 year Bachelor degree already evaluated by WES as a Bachelor's. I now need to send in my transcript for 1 year diploma from a recognised institute that i have done via distance learning.

My understanding is that they will count it as a diploma or certificate. Please clarify!

Milan Desai

Oct 17, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I have a 3 year Bachelor degree already evaluated by WES as a Bachelor's. I now need to send in my transcript for 1 year diploma from a recognised institute that i have done via distance learning.

My understanding is that they will count it as a diploma or certificate. Please clarify!
if your institute is verified by UGC then you’re all good :)
Applied WES for my two year PGDBM through distance learning from NMIMS. And they will evaluate it as one year post graduate diploma.

Reactions: susharora

susharora

Nov 28, 2019
if your institute is verified by UGC then you’re all good :)
Applied WES for my two year PGDBM through distance learning from NMIMS. And they will evaluate it as one year post graduate diploma.
I have done it via IGNOU which is recognised by UGC. I don't care even if they count it as a certificate, as long as they count it..thanks so much

Milan Desai

Oct 17, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I have done it via IGNOU which is recognised by UGC. I don't care even if they count it as a certificate, as long as they count it..thanks so much
They’ll evaluate irrespective of time period. so go for it. It will take ages now.

Milan Desai

Oct 17, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Take ages to evaluate? I will have my transcripts only in Jan/Feb...
I had applied and paid for service on 27 September and send documents to them on 14 October and 16 October. They received them on 16 and 28 October respectively. Got first update on 28 th October for received documents and second on 11/11 regarding evaluating and now for one more update on 27/11 regarding acceptance of documents and estimated completion date of 24/12. They take 3 months too.

susharora

Nov 28, 2019
Oh m
I had applied and paid for service on 27 September and send documents to them on 14 October and 16 October. They received them on 16 and 28 October respectively. Got first update on 28 th October for received documents and second on 11/11 regarding evaluating and now for one more update on 27/11 regarding acceptance of documents and estimated completion date of 24/12. They take 3 months too.
Oh man

That does sound really hectic. Wes had taken 40 days for my evaluation last time though so I'm guessing it's just all a luck based affair.

Milan Desai

Oct 17, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Oh m

Oh man

That does sound really hectic. Wes had taken 40 days for my evaluation last time though so I'm guessing it's just all a luck based affair.
You’re lucky enough or have time in your side as i am running out with time :(

Jan 2, 2021

hello,

So did WES counted one year distance diploma and you got extra points in CRS?

Ryan92

Jan 11, 2021

Hello I am Kelvin. I am in the same situation just like you. I have started 1 year PG diploma from IGNOU. COuld you plese let me know what was the result of your evaluation. I would really appreciate of you can let me know

Pal92

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
Hi, My btech is recognised by WES as 4 years, If now I do 1 year diplima distance from NMIMS, Can i claim points for two or more in EE ?