+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How will my landing be affected if my dependent can't land with me after PR visa?

aman.alam

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
Bangalore
Hi Friends,

I finally received a PR visa stamp on my and my wife's passport.
But now, my spouse, who's a dependent in my EE profile, can't come with me for landing for some personal reasons.

How can that affect my landing?

Also, if in case she misses the deadline of the PR visa, what are the ways and chances for me to be able to sponsor her again, and how long does it generally take?

Thanks in advance!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi Friends,

I finally received a PR visa stamp on my and my wife's passport.
But now, my spouse, who's a dependent in my EE profile, can't come with me for landing for some personal reasons.

How can that affect my landing?

Also, if in case she misses the deadline of the PR visa, what are the ways and chances for me to be able to sponsor her again, and how long does it generally take?

Thanks in advance!
If you are the Principal Applicant, you can land on your own. Your spouse's visa and COPR will expire and you can sponsor her at a later date. This will take about 12 months to complete based on current information under Family Class. All required information is available on the IRCC website.

aman.alam

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
Bangalore
If you are the Principal Applicant, you can land on your own. Your spouse's visa and COPR will expire and you can sponsor her at a later date. This will take about 12 months to complete based on current information under Family Class. All required information is available on the IRCC website.
Thanks so much, that's very helpful!

Are there any additional questions that are asked at Port of Entry if my dependent doesn't accompany me?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Thanks so much, that's very helpful!

Are there any additional questions that are asked at Port of Entry if my dependent doesn't accompany me?
No, not really. It's not uncommon for a dependant to land at a different time, although it must never be before the Principal Applicant.