+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how will immigration or visa office find out sponsor living outside canada?

KATHMANDUNEPAL

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 13 2016 (app received date)
Interview........
Skipped, Not required :)
Passport Req..
Dec 2016 for TRV and Feb 2017 for PR, all APPROVED
VISA ISSUED...
Trv approval mid December 2016,,,Decision made Feb 1 2017 for PR and Passport request Feb 6 2017 for PR
LANDED..........
(Visitor and PR both approved, Happy :) :) :) ) We couple already in Canada!
hi there so Canada doesn't track exit records as per my latest cbsa statement which I ordered from them past month. There is only entry records but no exit records. So my question is how will visa office figure out I am currently living outside Canada?

please see I want to go and visit my spouse and stay there until her visa is approved?

Am I risking? OR they won't figure out at all?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
technically they won't unless they specifically ask you to prove it for whatever reason.

If you are a PR, it is required for you to be living IN Canada during the application process. this doesn't mean you can't do short term visits. It means you can't be living/working in another country during this time. The spousal pr application asks for proof of employment for the sponsor, which will show whether you are working in canada or abroad. i'm sure there are other questions in the sponsor application that will also prove to cic where you currently reside, and if they become suspicious during the processing they will ask for proof of your residency or it can trigger an interview. i would not recommend being out of canada for the entire process if you are a PR. you are risking your application.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
KATHMANDUNEPAL said:
hi there so Canada doesn't track exit records as per my latest cbsa statement which I ordered from them past month. There is only entry records but no exit records. So my question is how will visa office figure out I am currently living outside Canada?

please see I want to go and visit my spouse and stay there until her visa is approved?

They don't routinely track but can quite easily determine if you are in or outside Canada and for how long if they want to.

So if your visa officer decides to do a random check on your current status and sees you have been outside Canada for a long time, they would have grounds to simply cancel your app.

Whether to take this risk is up to you.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Rob_TO said:
They don't routinely track but can quite easily determine if you are in or outside Canada and for how long if they want to.

So if your visa officer decides to do a random check on your current status and sees you have been outside Canada for a long time, they would have grounds to simply cancel your app.

Whether to take this risk is up to you.
implying to immigration that you are living in Canada but actually living outside Canada could even be considered misrepresentation with possible consequences for any current or future applications. Upto the OP whether worth the risk or not being found out or not, maybe will not but will always be that chance however remote should an application come under additional scrutiny.

Short absences are probably no issue but when turning into months and actually living outside.

Everybody here accepts and understands the pressure of families being apart but have to be in it for the long term gain.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Also note that CBSA can easily find out this information as well and they can refuse to land a person if they believe that the couple does not meet the requirements.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Don't you scan your passport before getting on a plane?? Or when you cross a land border, doesn't CBP take and validate your passport?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
profiler said:
Don't you scan your passport before getting on a plane?? Or when you cross a land border, doesn't CBP take and validate your passport?
yes passports are scanned, but that doesn't mean it's recorded or tracked. right now, only entries are tracked.

TANMEX

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KATHMANDUNEPAL said:

Canada don't track exit of it's residents , so they have no means of knowing if you are in Canada or out .

that's been said , your are trying to defraud CIC and that's not a very good route to take .

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
TANMEX said:
so they have no means of knowing if you are in Canada or out .
They certainly do have means. CBSA can determine detailed exit/entry records of people if they want to. And similarly CRA often goes after people for receiving benefits or EI they aren't entitled to after leaving Canada for extended periods.

This is not routinely tracked though. It takes some effort to check, so any government agency would need to choose to do so for any given person.

KATHMANDUNEPAL

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 13 2016 (app received date)
Interview........
Skipped, Not required :)
Passport Req..
Dec 2016 for TRV and Feb 2017 for PR, all APPROVED
VISA ISSUED...
Trv approval mid December 2016,,,Decision made Feb 1 2017 for PR and Passport request Feb 6 2017 for PR
LANDED..........
(Visitor and PR both approved, Happy :) :) :) ) We couple already in Canada!
Rob_TO said:
They certainly do have means. CBSA can determine detailed exit/entry records of people if they want to. And similarly CRA often goes after people for receiving benefits or EI they aren't entitled to after leaving Canada for extended periods.

This is not routinely tracked though. It takes some effort to check, so any government agency would need to choose to do so for any given person.
well, yeah I too think so. They say they don't track exit records but if they want they could easily ask airlines detailed info about a person or may be they have some sort of airlines database to check a person details instantly with a click. Anyways I will be staying 1 more month in Canada and will figure out what to do then, thanks for all the replies ..