+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How We Compiled Our Spousal Sponsorship Application - 2018

Maritzarodri

Feb 11, 2019
Sorry for so many questions. I’m having problems with some questions in the forms. In the IMM 5532. In the employment history, there is no option for ongoing, they have only from-to. Shall I leave it blank?

ruanp28

Feb 24, 2016
Update: We just got an e-mail requesting proof of sponsor's intent to reside in Canada. After we sent a 100 page essay of proof. No idea whether this is just formality or whether they just completely missed our proof that we already sent. Anyway, we are just going to re-send what we did initially, but we will update it with latest housing search and latest job applications etc. Honestly, I am gutted that all of our efforts seemed to be worthless. Fingers crossed that there is a human being on the other side of my application.

ruanp28

Feb 24, 2016
Thanks for the thread
Thanks, really hoping that it could help others in the future as it can be overwhelming when you have no clue where to start. Our application was processed in a little over 3 months from AOR1 to Decision Made for PA (today), and I like to believe that we had it organized in a way that made the VO's life easier.

Reactions: dmurrman

Vaughan

Apr 2, 2019
Congratulations Ruan!
Sydney recieved our application March 19 so our journey of impatience and stressing is about to begin. Thanks for all the detailed info you provided, it really helped us when we compiled all of the paperwork. Hope that COPR arrives soon and all the best to you and your fiance on your exciting new adventure together. (initially posted on a wrong thread :eek:)

ruanp28

Feb 24, 2016
Hi all! Just another update: COPR and passport has been received and I have it in hand :D I cannot describe the feeling of opening the package and seeing the COPR and counterfoil in my passport. I will keep updating this thread with other things that we are going through for the following 2 months (we are flying on 15 June 2019). Whatever we do, I will update here to keep people posted in the future. Getting COPR (especially outside of Canada) is not the last step, since we now need to start making lists of things that we are taking with, goods arriving at a later stage, medical insurance etc.

As we continue with our journey, I will be updating this thread. Who knows, maybe it helps someone in the future.

Canada, here we come!

Reactions: dmurrman

LFifi

Jan 29, 2019
Thank you for sharing this, I guess I'll be using your organizing skills as a guideline for me, I am currently working on my application and it is so overwhelming!
And congratsss!!!

ruanp28

Feb 24, 2016
Sorry for so many questions. I’m having problems with some questions in the forms. In the IMM 5532. In the employment history, there is no option for ongoing, they have only from-to. Shall I leave it blank?
Hi. I put in the from, pronted it out and wrote PRESENT in the “to” part.

ruanp28

Feb 24, 2016
Thank you for sharing this, I guess I'll be using your organizing skills as a guideline for me, I am currently working on my application and it is so overwhelming!
And congratsss!!!
Glad I could help! If you have any questions feel free to ask :)

Jassgarcha7

Mar 30, 2019
Hello everyone,

I’m the permanent resident in Canada. I applied for my husband in Sept 2018, I went back to India in end of October.. then in November, we received the application number and medical request. after this, they asked me to send proof of residency that I maintained after I applied for his husband which may include but not limited to job letter/education letter, health card, driving licence, utility bills, bank statemnts, phone bills and travel information if I’m outside Canada. Then I sent them travels tickets to india, bank statements (that I’m pying my credit card bills and car instalmants), car storage insurance. But now i again got a letter that the officer is not satisfied with the provided proofs and the onus is on me to satisfy him! After second letter, i got back go Canada and i’m starting a new job this week . I hope, my physical presence and a job letter, accomodation letter and letter explaining reasons of my stay in India and our future plan would satisfy him.

But I’m very worried now that what would happen next!!

ruanp28

Feb 24, 2016
Hello everyone,

I’m the permanent resident in Canada. I applied for my husband in Sept 2018, I went back to India in end of October.. then in November, we received the application number and medical request. after this, they asked me to send proof of residency that I maintained after I applied for his husband which may include but not limited to job letter/education letter, health card, driving licence, utility bills, bank statemnts, phone bills and travel information if I’m outside Canada. Then I sent them travels tickets to india, bank statements (that I’m pying my credit card bills and car instalmants), car storage insurance. But now i again got a letter that the officer is not satisfied with the provided proofs and the onus is on me to satisfy him! After second letter, i got back go Canada and i’m starting a new job this week . I hope, my physical presence and a job letter, accomodation letter and letter explaining reasons of my stay in India and our future plan would satisfy him.

But I’m very worried now that what would happen next!!
Hi, if you are in Canada now, just send all the proof of what you have. The officer is correct, the onus is on you BUT if you are back in Canada and you can explain that you had to leave for a valid reason, then it would be fine. It is very important for them that persons who apply to sponsor loved ones actually reside (or intend to reside) in Canada, as that is the whole purpose of sponsorship. Kindly explain to the visa officer why you had to leave, but also show that you are now back in Canada. Remember, as a PR and not citizen, you have to be in Canada when sponsoring.