+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How we can continue our immigration process with and old expired PR card?

isra khan

Jul 7, 2019
My husband got his PR card in 2004 and after that he satayed there just for few months then left canada and never returned. His card has been expired in 2010. Now he want to continue his canadian immigration process.He is an engineer and this year turned 49 . Is there any way to continue this process or any other solution to be an immigrant?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
He would have to try to enter via the US border without being reported. If he did not get reported he would have to remain in Canada for 2 years without leaving. He could not sponsor you or any children. You would be separated for over 3 years. If he doesn’t have a SIN card he would not be able to work and he may not be able to get a health card until he gets a valid PR card. The chances of not being reported re pretty small. He has not been in Canada since 2004 so not sure why he thought he could easily return.

isra khan

Jul 7, 2019
Well thank u so much for ur reply.
Can u tell me whether he is allowed to re start his new immigration process from scratch?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Well thank u so much for ur reply.
Can u tell me whether he is allowed to re start his new immigration process from scratch?
If someone is reported for failing the residency obligation then as a PR they entitled to enter the country but their status could be revoked subject to appeal which could take some time to follow through.

If reported and decide not to appeal then either wait for PR status to be revoked or self renounce. Once either revoked or renounced then sure someone can apply from scratch again if they qualify and there should be No impact from any previous status.