+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how to write declaration for pof

Sarahvan

Apr 29, 2015
hi all,

got invited under pnp last draw, now i am preparing fund documents.

now we have two accounts, one is my name, another one is a joint account with my spouse. we totally have $31,000 now.

for my account, my father has ever transferred $12,000 last month. do i need to write a declaration? ps, CIBC has mailed me the transit record.

does my spouse need to write a declaration for our joint account?

if so, can someone tell me how to write it or provide me a sample?

for pof, i am going to upload bank statement+financial statement+2014NOA+declaration. is that enough?

i have seen some related post in this forum, but i did not find the link.

thanks in advance :)

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your joint account doesn't need any declarations. You have to get a signed self-declaration from your father explicitly stating that the transfer (include all transaction details) was a gift not a loan hence need not be returned to them at any point in time. No standard format, just a letter stating the facts would suffice.

For POF, you don't need to upload financial statements or NOA, no harm in including those though.

Reactions: Miracle2018

Sarahvan

Apr 29, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Your joint account doesn't need any declarations. You have to get a signed self-declaration from your father explicitly stating that the transfer (include all transaction details) was a gift not a loan hence need not be returned to them at any point in time. No standard format, just a letter stating the facts would suffice.

For POF, you don't need to upload financial statements or NOA, no harm in including those though.
hi Asivad, thanks for your quick response.

one question. is financial profile not mandatory? but the requirement clearly states that...

Express Entry – Permanent Residents
If you are applying for permanent residence in Canada, you must provide an official letter issued by your financial institution indicating your financial profile. This must:
• list of all your bank (chequing and savings) and investment accounts, the account numbers, dates each account was opened and the balance of each account over the past six months,
• list all outstanding debts, such as credit cards and loans,
• be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution, and include your name and the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and e-mail address).

affan_123

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Sarahvan said:
hi Asivad, thanks for your quick response.

one question. is financial profile not mandatory? but the requirement clearly states that...

Express Entry – Permanent Residents
If you are applying for permanent residence in Canada, you must provide an official letter issued by your financial institution indicating your financial profile. This must:
• list of all your bank (chequing and savings) and investment accounts, the account numbers, dates each account was opened and the balance of each account over the past six months,
• list all outstanding debts, such as credit cards and loans,
• be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution, and include your name and the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and e-mail address).
You dont need to provide financial statement means transaction wise statement. This is not required just a single letter from bank which states your ending balance and monthly average balance of past six months. Rest of the above mentioned requirements would remain same.

happy Canada 2015

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
09-Feb-2016
Passport Req..
12 May 2016
Hi guys I have a question,

What about if some one qualify for CEC with less than 400 points and got approved by a provincial nomination, Is he/she has to show the proof of fund to CIC after getting ITA.

Thanks.

Sarahvan

Apr 29, 2015
happy Canada 2015 said:
Hi guys I have a question,

What about if some one qualify for CEC with less than 400 points and got approved by a provincial nomination, Is he/she has to show the proof of fund to CIC after getting ITA.

Thanks.
yes...

Sarahvan

Apr 29, 2015
affan_123 said:
You dont need to provide financial statement means transaction wise statement. This is not required just a single letter from bank which states your ending balance and monthly average balance of past six months. Rest of the above mentioned requirements would remain same.
confused ??? ??? is financial statement different with profile? i think what cic need is financial profile...

affan_123

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Sarahvan said:
confused ??? ??? is financial statement different with profile? i think what cic need is financial profile...
How you going to differentiate financial statement and financial profile? Let me tell you and explain as lay person, Financial statement is a detailed information about a company or a person. It includes income statement, balance sheet, p&l, cash flow. Financial profile highlights your financial health only. Make sense? What we are saying the same, financial statement is not required means no details required to provide your transactions which includes your income and expenses you are not supposed to draw your EBITDA. Your financial health which you call it financial profile will be drawn by a bank which will let you and cic know the account balance, average six months balance, liabilities. It will only highlight not in detail.

Hope this answers your question

Sarahvan

Apr 29, 2015
affan_123 said:
How you going to differentiate financial statement and financial profile? Let me tell you and explain as lay person, Financial statement is a detailed information about a company or a person. It includes income statement, balance sheet, p&l, cash flow. Financial profile highlights your financial health only. Make sense? What we are saying the same, financial statement is not required means no details required to provide your transactions which includes your income and expenses you are not supposed to draw your EBITDA. Your financial health which you call it financial profile will be drawn by a bank which will let you and cic know the account balance, average six months balance, liabilities. It will only highlight not in detail.

Hope this answers your question
thanks, affan_123, clear enough

Sarahvan

Apr 29, 2015
Asivad Anac said:

hi Asivad, i have other questions about pot.

1. i have CIBC provided my financial profile, but it provide me statements for my three account(checking, saving and credit card) over last 6 months. totally more than 30 pages...do i have to provide them all, or only checking account? ps, no money in saving account

2. 6-month statement includes transaction in March.but i found one transit from my father in that month, and i did not keep the transit proof. should i include this month's statement and write a declaration or i only need to have statements over past four months?

thanks in advance.